User avatar
DeaneG
Posts: 1110
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:20 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 594
Location: Cupertino, CA

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:25 am

linkim wrote:
DeaneG wrote:Lucky that things are coming in the correct order. It looks like I'll have my Leaf within a week, but have not had any contact yet with the Blink Network's electrical contractor. So I'm expecting to be on L1 charging for a while.
Did you get an email 7 days prior to delivery, as I keep hearing? I am also waiting for both the LEAF and Blink install. Have not heard from an electrical contractor either, but my delivery date is now about mid April.
Yes, just this morning. My DB shows "week of March 28", but the email would have the car arriving by the 25th.
White SL w/L3, 3kWDC Solar PV

Lynza
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2011
Leaf Number: 0597
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 pm

We had our Blink installed last Thursday and it was apparently the first one the contractors that came used, so they brought five guys along to watch.

Installation took about an hour and a half, the guys were great, and the charger is very nice so far. Our delivery isn't scheduled until April 7th, so we'll see.

The contractors mentioned that we were the first because others in the area had not filled out their information forms (what kind of power, age of the house, location, etc.) correctly. Hurray! I should put my apparently incredible ability to fill out a form on my resume. ;)
Order date: 9/7/10
Delivery date: Week of April 7th, 2011, Week of April 13th, Week of April 26th, Week of May 10th
Delivery - May 10, 2011

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 pm

So I just got off the phone with my electrical contractor who asked whether I'd mind charging my Leaf via Level 1 for awhile...the reason being that my EVSE install (EV Project) is behind schedule and I just got my 7-day delivery email.

Any other EV Project participants get their car before their EVSE? If not, I may be on-track to be the first. Can't decide whether I'll just let it sit at the dealer or whether I'll pick it up early if that happens...
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

User avatar
TomT
Posts: 10647
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360
Location: California, now Georgia
Contact: Website

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Yep. I got my car on the 3rd and my charger did not go in until the 8th.

sdbonez wrote:Any other EV Project participants get their car before their EVSE? If not, I may be on-track to be the first. Can't decide whether I'll just let it sit at the dealer or whether I'll pick it up early if that happens...
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

jcesare
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:22 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1290
Location: San Marcos, CA

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:53 pm

sdbonez wrote:So I just got off the phone with my electrical contractor who asked whether I'd mind charging my Leaf via Level 1 for awhile...the reason being that my EVSE install (EV Project) is behind schedule and I just got my 7-day delivery email.

Any other EV Project participants get their car before their EVSE? If not, I may be on-track to be the first. Can't decide whether I'll just let it sit at the dealer or whether I'll pick it up early if that happens...
Well, this is not encouraging. I have an April 15 delivery and haven't heard a word since the approval in January.
Leaf eTec Blue Ocean
Reserved 6/25/10
EVProject approved 1/06/11
Blink EVSE Installed 4/6/11 (Separate meter, ethernet connection)
Ordered 1/25/11 Delivered 4/20/2011

User avatar
HIOJim
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 am
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 5294
Location: King City, Oregon

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 pm

jcesare wrote: Well, this is not encouraging. I have an April 15 delivery and haven't heard a word since the approval in January.
I have a April 29th delivery, was approved in January and just heard today that my install will be done next Monday, 3/28.

So, don't give up hope...
Hans (2017 VW e-Golf SE) Leased 01/16/18
The Blue Beauty (2016 Leaf SV) - Lease return 01/21/18
The Dark Knight (2013 Leaf S) - Lease return 03/31/16
LineJumper (2011 Nissan LEAF eTec) - Sold 10/01/11
Sparky (2012 Chevy Volt) - Purchased 09/16/11

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:18 pm

jcesare wrote:
sdbonez wrote:So I just got off the phone with my electrical contractor who asked whether I'd mind charging my Leaf via Level 1 for awhile...the reason being that my EVSE install (EV Project) is behind schedule and I just got my 7-day delivery email.

Any other EV Project participants get their car before their EVSE? If not, I may be on-track to be the first. Can't decide whether I'll just let it sit at the dealer or whether I'll pick it up early if that happens...
Well, this is not encouraging. I have an April 15 delivery and haven't heard a word since the approval in January.
I've got more bad news for you, jcesare - the main reason for the delay appears to be the City of San Marcos not being familiar with the permitting process for EVSEs. They're going to try and pull the permit for a 2nd time on Friday. They claimed I was the first.

(though separately, woot! someone else in San Marcos, finally!!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

syntaxerror
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

sdbonez wrote:
jcesare wrote:
sdbonez wrote:So I just got off the phone with my electrical contractor who asked whether I'd mind charging my Leaf via Level 1 for awhile...the reason being that my EVSE install (EV Project) is behind schedule and I just got my 7-day delivery email.

Any other EV Project participants get their car before their EVSE? If not, I may be on-track to be the first. Can't decide whether I'll just let it sit at the dealer or whether I'll pick it up early if that happens...
Well, this is not encouraging. I have an April 15 delivery and haven't heard a word since the approval in January.
I've got more bad news for you, jcesare - the main reason for the delay appears to be the City of San Marcos not being familiar with the permitting process for EVSEs. They're going to try and pull the permit for a 2nd time on Friday. They claimed I was the first.

(though separately, woot! someone else in San Marcos, finally!!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think this really depends on the sub contractor Ecotality selects. In addition it really depends on your local Ecotality rep on how responsive they are to Nissan's DB. Appears like the Oregon rep is on top of it. San Diego not so much.

Overall if Ecotality can't get this right how are they going to get all these public L2 EVSEs right...

Ecotality--if you're watching this forum, why don't you respond and update us with your plans. Your plans seem lofty considering we haven't seen any public Ecotality EVSE installations across the US.

User avatar
sdbonez
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: San Diego, Ca (San Marcos)

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

I suspect there's another aspect to note here, to be fair. Nissan said deliveries would spread out over a year. Then they were late. So probably 1/3 to 1/2 are getting dumped in a 3 month period... after the earthquake, i bet the same/similar happens in a few months.

In a nutshell, Ecotality's probably having to deal with ~double their planned volume. They've at least been very responsive which is more than I can say for a lot of the folks I deal with...
EV Prj: prereg 4/19 11:21a, appvd 7/22 11:34a, on-site eval 8/27 1pm, installed 3/30
Leaf: Red eTec resvd 4/20 2:33p, order open 8/31 11:30a, confirmed 9/3 2:00p, Carwings 3/9
Dash@Delivery 4/8, 7-day on 3/23, Delivered 03/30, Carwings: 'Bonez' VIN#728

jcesare
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:22 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1290
Location: San Marcos, CA

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 am

sdbonez wrote:I've got more bad news for you, jcesare - the main reason for the delay appears to be the City of San Marcos not being familiar with the permitting process for EVSEs. They're going to try and pull the permit for a 2nd time on Friday. They claimed I was the first.
Why doesn't this surprise me? :roll:
Leaf eTec Blue Ocean
Reserved 6/25/10
EVProject approved 1/06/11
Blink EVSE Installed 4/6/11 (Separate meter, ethernet connection)
Ordered 1/25/11 Delivered 4/20/2011

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”