davewill

Re: Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:49 pm

That just leaves them keeping ownership for the extra time...Which could be a problem if unforeseen circumstances (totaling your LEAF, changing jobs and needing to relocate) cause you to have to leave the project. They were willing to waive that for me, so I'm extended but still own it if I up and decide I just gotta trade in for a Tesla. 8-)
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

EVDRIVER

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 pm

GoingGreener wrote:Thanks JPWhite. Was thinking the same.

EVDriver - Seems like the previous "revisions" such as "unilateral" changes, etc... aren't required anymore.

I guess ridiculous contracts were not working for them so they had to find a new tactic like the Charge Point deal.

PlutoISaPlanet
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Estimate on my install came back at nearly $1,000. Upgrading my panel to 125Amp from 100 and replacing some unshielded wires going into the main panel along with the install itself.
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

GoingGreener
Delivery Date: 09 Aug 2011

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 am

davewill wrote:That just leaves them keeping ownership for the extra time...Which could be a problem if unforeseen circumstances (totaling your LEAF, changing jobs and needing to relocate) cause you to have to leave the project. They were willing to waive that for me, so I'm extended but still own it if I up and decide I just gotta trade in for a Tesla. 8-)
True, and thanks. Good points as we never know if we might want to relocate (Happy to hear suggestions on great high schools and summer programs in the bay area!). Wow, a waiver, was it easy to ask for?

Did you get your Tesla :)? Our college kid was driving behind a gray one in SD last week... also had parked under the solar panels at the Center for Sustainable Energy (I think where the nice people had sent us our CA check for $2,500 :) ). So very happy kids are more aware about sustainable living! :) :) :)

EVDRIVER wrote:
GoingGreener wrote:Thanks JPWhite. Was thinking the same.

EVDriver - Seems like the previous "revisions" such as "unilateral" changes, etc... aren't required anymore.

I guess ridiculous contracts were not working for them so they had to find a new tactic like the Charge Point deal.
This collaboration surprised me. Wonder if the Chargepoint card/activity will stay separate. We had to update our credit card (expired) on file for our Blink card. I'm not sure if that's why we had a problem fast charging at Belmont, CA, this weekend or if the station was just not giving us what we asked for the 1st time.
PlutoISaPlanet wrote:Estimate on my install came back at nearly $1,000. Upgrading my panel to 125Amp from 100 and replacing some unshielded wires going into the main panel along with the install itself.
What will be your "out of pocket"? If you decide to "go" on this, seems like you made it in the program "just in time". Good luck!

davewill

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 am

GoingGreener wrote:
davewill wrote:That just leaves them keeping ownership for the extra time...Which could be a problem if unforeseen circumstances (totaling your LEAF, changing jobs and needing to relocate) cause you to have to leave the project. They were willing to waive that for me, so I'm extended but still own it if I up and decide I just gotta trade in for a Tesla. 8-)
True, and thanks. Good points as we never know if we might want to relocate (Happy to hear suggestions on great high schools and summer programs in the bay area!). Wow, a waiver, was it easy to ask for?

Did you get your Tesla :)?
Yes, it was as easy as asking for it. They emailed me a waiver, and I signed and sent it back. Of course this was before I re-upped. A Tesla? :lol: The LEAF was expensive enough.

GoingGreener

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 am

:D Smart!

PlutoISaPlanet

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 am

GoingGreener wrote:What will be your "out of pocket"? If you decide to "go" on this, seems like you made it in the program "just in time". Good luck!
I meant nearly $1,000 out of pocket. The $400 install credit got eaten up quick.

GoingGreener

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Probably with your electrician brother-in-law there for the consult, you got a fair deal. It'll be nice that everything's done right.
In our area the EV Project allowed $1,200 for the install. We had $300+ out-of-pocket. But, we did ask to future-proof... 50A 8/3 ground wire, 40A breaker.

PlutoISaPlanet

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 am

GoingGreener wrote:future-proof... 50A 8/3 ground wire, 40A breaker.
what will that allow?

davewill

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:49 am

PlutoISaPlanet wrote:
GoingGreener wrote:future-proof... 50A 8/3 ground wire, 40A breaker.
what will that allow?
It will allow him to upgrade the circuit by just changing the circuit breaker to 50a. This would support for up to a 40a EVSE if he wanted one later.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”