Run Air Conditioner while out of car for dog.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceStark

I want to keep the Air Con running when I am out of the car in a coffee shop or shopping to keep the dog cool. I have tried pressing the On Button twice without stepping on the brake to get it to light up and set the AC on. However when I get out of the car and lock the doors it runs for about 10 minutes and then the car turns off.

If I press the brake and button to actually turn the car on all the way and leave the car in Park it seems to work but all the running lights are still on and I worry about someone breaking into the car and driving away.

Does anyone have experience leaving the AC on while away from the locked car and keeping it running?

Thanks for any help.

If you want it to stay running you pretty much have to leave the car On, AFAIK. The running lights won't drain the 12 volt battery because the car will be using the DC-DC converter to provide accessory power. Just make sure that it's in Ready mode, with the yellow-green car icon on the dash lit. Do you have remote access to the climate control, via Nissan Connect?

just leave the car in full run mode while parked and take the key with you. i do it all the time. lock the doors with the fob and the pup will be in safe and cool in the car. the car wont be able to be shifted into drive until the fob is back in the car.

estomax said:
just leave the car in full run mode while parked and take the key with you. i do it all the time. lock the doors with the fob and the pup will be in safe and cool in the car. the car wont be able to be shifted into drive until the fob is back in the car.

While that makes sense, technically you can still drive it without the FOB, but don't want to be putting up public details about how since that would encourage thieves to take advantage of it. :?

Maybe a device like the Club would be the way to go here. Lock the steering wheel and brake in place. That would also stop the dog from driving away with the car.

estomax said:

Then leave a sign on your window so no one feels the need to rescue your dog with a hammer... :)

Tesla's dog mode displays a message on the center display showing the inside temp and the fact that "dog mode" is running. In that case the car does not have be on, and you can monitor temps from your phone.

LeftieBiker said:
Maybe a device like the Club would be the way to go here. Lock the steering wheel and brake in place. That would also stop the dog from driving away with the car.

Good point, he is Poodle and they are smart dogs

Careful - a Club might be a good theft deterrent, but not on the steering wheel - which mostly consists of a thin rod, covered by vinyl? A bolt cutter or hack saw would make quick work of it!

Back