2016 S: 24kw or 30kw?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As does myself and my wife. It's the way to drive if you want your tires to last longer.... :lol:

Wavebender said:
She drives in Eco/B mode at all times, except when getting up to speed on the freeway, which is rare.

bobkart said:
Wavebender said:
She drives in Eco/B mode at all times, except when getting up to speed on the freeway, which is rare.

I too drive exclusively in Eco/B Mode.

Keep in mind that full power is still available in Eco/B Mode (accelerator pedal fully depressed). It's just that the response curve is less aggressive in the early part of the pedal travel (for Eco Mode). And B Mode just makes Regen more aggressive, so doesn't impact (positive) acceleration at all.

That is great to know, thank you! I will share it with wifey. This should be in the permanent tips and tricks thread.

Attached is my 2012 battery log with a 2106 "lizard" 24 kWHbattery replacement. I've been driving it in the morning for a couple of months with a round trip of 35 miles, most of it at 60 mph. The GOM shows 90+ miles on every 100% charge (that I'm doing daily with the required 35 miles plus 20+ during the afternoon). I've inflated the tires to 40-42 psi - that made quite a difference - from 3.8 to 4.3 miles/kWH! (I was lazy and let the tires go down to 35 psi or so). Quite pleased with the "lizard" battery degredation - obviously much less than the original.

battery log 4.16.21.jpg

Back