JPWhite
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5734

Re: LEAF advisory group

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm

cwerdna wrote:
It should be illegal to cherry pick and advertise only the highest mpg #. If they're going to state only 1, then it should be combined. Otherwise, state all 3 (city/highway/combined) in equal prominence.
I've come to expect manufacturers to pad the specs as far as they can legally. The thing that puzzles me is the 7 hour charge time. That's worst case, why not say 2 hours for most commutes?
--
JP White
http://jpwhitenissanleaf.com
2011 Blue SL-e, 132,400 Miles.
Lost 5 Capacity bars
7/18/13 (29,206), 8/25/14 (51,728), 7/12/15 (71.108), 5/12/16 (88,362), 10/17/16 (96,532)
New Battery 12/3/16 (98,956)
2018 Model 3 20,000 Miles.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Did everyone move to a new thread? Nothing new to say about the trip?
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

EdmondLeaf

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Nubo wrote:Did everyone move to a new thread? Nothing new to say about the trip?
Summary, more pictures?

darelldd
Delivery Date: 28 Jan 2015

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm

My educated guess is that everybody is still trying to wake up and catch up with their lives. I personally finally arrived home at midnight last night, and have been plowing through a ton of backed-up tasks ever since. I am willing to take a moment to at least throw you a generalized "bone" to get things rolling.

Starting a new thread is probably prudent, too. Good idea. Far too much confusion at the beginning of this one, I'm afraid. It would seem that there are still folks who think we were meeting with Nissan to "solve" the AZ battery issue, or to ask for more LEAF features, or.... whatever.

In a nutshell, it was a fantastic experience by all accounts. There was a tremendous amount of give and take on both sides. Our goal was to represent the EV market from as many different backgrounds and angles as we could. I am convinced that the individuals in our group learned as much from each other as the Nissan representatives learned from our group. Each one of us comes to EVs from a different set of circumstances and experiences. And we all have different wants and needs. We also all participate in different EV owner groups regularly. Amazing to me is how cohesive our message was in general, while having distinct differences in the details. And it was our cohesive message that really struck a chord with Nissan (so we were told more than once). We had unprecedented access to everything "Nissan" - and I think (and certainly hope!) that it was well worth the time, expense, effort and risk that Nissan put into our visit. Trust me when I say that there is not one "yes man" (or woman!) in our group. None of us was chosen for our ability to roll over and play dead. Everybody contributed, criticized, and even praised when appropriate. And everybody - on both sides - learned a great deal.

I come away from this experience with a tremendous respect for how committed Nissan is to their EV program. Of course I also came home with a healthy respect for the number of EV learning experiences that can be stuffed into a single day!

Let me see if this works for pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fk9hikj87rn6y9r/Y_kcpwfN1k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Darell, the EVnut >http://evnut.com<
Email me: Domain is gmail.com. Name is darelldd@. Really. I hate PM.
2011 while SL with Chademo... new to me in 2015.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm

darelldd wrote:My educated guess is that everybody is still trying to wake up and catch up with their lives. I personally finally arrived home at midnight last night, and have been plowing through a ton of backed-up tasks ever since. I am willing to take a moment to at least throw you a generalized "bone" to get things rolling.
Thanks. Didn't mean to sound entitled. There just seemed to have been a steady number of tidbits and then nothing. Wasn't aware of the departure schedule. Regards.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

darelldd

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Nubo wrote: Thanks. Didn't mean to sound entitled. There just seemed to have been a steady number of tidbits and then nothing. Wasn't aware of the departure schedule. Regards.
No worries. Most folks probably got home before I did (I couldn't come straight home from the airport) - but everybody is busy, certainly. My big worry is hearing too MUCH from this group... not to little. ;)

surfingslovak
Vendor

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 pm

darelldd wrote:My big worry is hearing too MUCH from this group... not to little. ;)
Why? Given the past history, there could not be enough communication.

darelldd

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:38 pm

surfingslovak wrote:
darelldd wrote:My big worry is hearing too MUCH from this group... not to little. ;)
Why? Given the past history, there could not be enough communication.
Correct me if I'm wrong... the lack of communication was between Nissan and the owners. There has never been a lack of communication among the EV enthusiasts, certainly!

surfingslovak
Vendor

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 pm

darelldd wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong... the lack of communication was between Nissan and the owners. There has never been a lack of communication among the EV enthusiasts, certainly!
Yes, that's correct. Jeff's presence here on MNL has helped greatly, IMHO anyway. Regarding owner-to-owner communication: there were certainly others with access to privileged information. Unfortunately, their interactions on this board have been, for the lack of a more polite term, underwhelming.

darelldd

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

surfingslovak wrote:
darelldd wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong... the lack of communication was between Nissan and the owners. There has never been a lack of communication among the EV enthusiasts, certainly!
Yes, that's correct. Jeff's presence here on MNL has helped greatly, IMHO anyway. Regarding owner-to-owner communication: there were certainly others with access to privileged information. Unfortunately, their interactions on this board have been, for the lack of a more polite term, underwhelming.
Ah. Well, I can't speak for others. But this group seems to be plenty vociferous (at least in person! Current posting rate not withstanding). Anything in particular that you'd like to know about this initial visit? You'll of course understand that there are some things that we cannot discuss publicly, unfortunately.

Ah... and Jeff. How great is Jeff? Trust me when I say that he's even more fun in person. ;)

I just about have a handle on the jet-lag now. But I still need to get to bed!

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”