gyathaar
Delivery Date: 17 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 009107

LEAF Manager, alternative carwings app for android

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 am

Hi.
The last month or so I have been working on an alternative carwings app for android.

You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eafmanager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The app has been available on play store for almost this long, and quite a few users has found it and used it so far.

Thought I would make a post about it here now that most urgent problems has been fixed, so I can get more feedback and ideas.

App currently allows login for following servers:
European server
Europe server 2 (alternate server used by official android app.. no support for charge and climate timers)
US server
Canadian server
Japanese server (untested, but should work)
Australian server (untested, but should work)

After you have logged in once (assuming you click the option to remember username and password),
the app should from then on no longer need to wait for you to log in to use it.. if required, it will log in automatically and perform the function you request

App allows setting climate timer (unsupported in official European android app) and charging timer (unsupported in all official apps)

With in app purchase you can:
Disable advertising
Enable home-screen (and lock-screen for android 4.2) widget.

The widget has no functionality that is not available in the normal app, just the convenience of not needing to open the app to perform functions.

There are still some problems with UI scaling with different screen sizes.
(Lock-widget looks particularly ugly :) )

EVDRIVER

Re: LEAF Manager, alternative carwings app for android

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 am

This should be in the for sale section or you should be listed as a vendor as you are charging for the ad free version.

venk25
Delivery Date: 10 Jan 2013

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks gyathaar, nice app!! I've been using it for couple weeks now (that is how long I've owned my leaf!), especially for the charge timer function.

In the past, I've noticed that a function I requested was not performed. But after the recent updates, it seems to work pretty good.

Publius
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 025447

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm giving this app a try because I'm sick of the official Nissan LEAF app. I'm a little worried, though, that I'm going to accidentally turn on my heat or override my charge timers with the widget as I navigate my phone-- the text alerts may come in useful!
2015 Pacific Blue e-Golf SEL
Former 2012 Cayenne Red LEAF SL
Member of the 100 Mile Club

Publius
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 025447

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

I've been using this app for a few days now. It works well. It's not particularly pretty, but it's worked better for me than the official Nissan LEAF app. I recommend the widget, too.
2015 Pacific Blue e-Golf SEL
Former 2012 Cayenne Red LEAF SL
Member of the 100 Mile Club

Scribbious
Delivery Date: 28 Feb 2013

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am

It would be nice to have more feedback (if available) as the app is communicating with the Carwings Servers and/or the car.

I don't think it's a problem with the app since any interaction with Carwings seems painfully slow.

I wish there was a way to communicate directly with the car via SMS. It wouldn't be all that pretty, but there is not all that much information going back and forth that couldn't be fit into 160 characters.

Edit: After posting the above, I realized that there are some good threads about alternate communications methods.

gyathaar

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 pm

The app communicates only with the carwings servers.. some of the calls takes a long time.
In most cases then have to wait a few seconds and then do another call to the carwings server to check if the server has received any data from the car or not.. (if not, try again in a few secs)

In addition it seems like the carwings servers just passes the call to the Japanese carwings server for most (with a few exceptions) calls (after it first check if the user belongs to the local server or not)it

You can probably make it go slightly faster by logging directly into the Japanese server (assuming that works for your user, it does for my European user), but the disadvantage of doing that is you wont be able to log into your local server for for some time if you do that.

So basically, the app is always talking to carwings servers, and never the car directly, so I dont know how useful it would be to give more detailed feedback on that in the app :)

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks gyathaar, I'll try it.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

leighf
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2012
Leaf Number: 200035

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 am

For me (in Australia) the app won't login to the Australia server, but works OK to Japan. I'll have a play with the app and see how I like it.

Leigh

gyathaar

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 am

leighf wrote:For me (in Australia) the app won't login to the Australia server, but works OK to Japan. I'll have a play with the app and see how I like it.

Leigh
Thanks for the feedback.. I got the urls from the Australian android carwings app.. but testing it was a bit hard... :)

Checked now to see if there was any updates.. and cant even find the official app in the Australian play store any more? (can you still see it?)

Does the official app work for you? assuming you have it

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”