Disabling start-up acknowledgement legal screen

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcrazymoon

Does anyone know how to permanently disable the annoying screen that requires pressing OK when the car starts? I realize it is a legal disclaimer. I find this so annoying that I might not buy another Leaf for this reason alone.

In a word: No.

bigcrazymoon said:
Does anyone know how to permanently disable the annoying screen that requires pressing OK when the car starts? I realize it is a legal disclaimer. I find this so annoying that I might not buy another Leaf for this reason alone.

Yeah it's annoying but I'm still surprised at how irritated peope get with it. Doesn't it just go away if you ignore it? First world problems, people. First world. ;)

Foot off brake, press on
Turn off radio
Press Map 3 times
Press Radio 2 times
Press Map 1 time
While in the diagnostic screen, release the tire pressure in the rear driver side tire only until the TPS triggers
Within three seconds honk the horn 8 times holding the horn on on the last press and simultaneously opening the front passenger side door
You will be in the super-secret configuration screen.
Disable legal notice is the fourth option down (just below "disable acceleration soft-start" and above "enable 50% charge timer")

Be sure to pump your tire back up afterwards.

TickTock said:
Foot off brake, press on
Turn off radio
Press Map 3 times
Press Radio 2 times
Press Map 1 time
While in the diagnostic screen, release the tire pressure in the rear driver side tire only until the TPS triggers
Within three seconds honk the horn 8 times holding the horn on on the last press and simultaneously opening the front passenger side door
Disable legal notice is the fourth option down (just below "disable acceleration soft-start" and above "enable 50% charge timer")

honk must be 3 sec long and 3 sec between - is this correct?

I have trained one of my Chickens to do it.
Leave the key in the car and driver’s side window down. When she hears the garage door being opened she hops in, starts the car and hits “OK”.

2013021517341916.jpg

TickTock said:
Foot off brake, press on
Turn off radio
Press Map 3 times
Press Radio 2 times
Press Map 1 time

BrianSanDiego said:
Leave the key in the car and driver’s side window down. When she hears the garage door being opened she hops in, starts the car and hits “OK”.

OMG ROTFLOL!!! You guys are killing me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

GeekEV said:
TickTock said:
Foot off brake, press on
Turn off radio
Press Map 3 times
Press Radio 2 times
Press Map 1 time

BrianSanDiego said:

OMG ROTFLOL!!! You guys are killing me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well....I tried this----took me over 1/2hr---but it didn't work. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong: You have to be buck naked while performing this function.

Are the trained chickens for sale?

Yes, it is annoying.
Just as annoying as the STUPID acknowledgement button on navigation for the 2009 Altima use of the navigation screen.
But no known fix other than a well trained chicken, hopefully a diapered chicken.

BrianSanDiego said:

2013021517341916.jpg
OMFG ROTFLMAO!! I actually snorted and choked when I saw this. That's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrianSanDiego said:

:lol: LMAO :lol:

Back