Randy
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191

Re: Ecotality filed for bankrupcy and intent to sell all ass

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:49 am

There were a handful of Blinks providing J1772 power, and there were about 4x as many NEMA 14-50 receptacles for Teslas to use with their cordsets.

The generator was 175kW and it was maxed out. And when those cars finished charging, more cars came in to charge....It was full each and every time I looked at it...

No way that a solar setup would have worked for that event...

coolfilmaker
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2011

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:11 am

Again, I'm sure it would not be too hard to find a solar company in silicon valley willing to loan out some panels for a weekend.

There were too many trees for solar to have worked easily at that hotel. I just wish they would have been more discrete.

surfingslovak
Vendor

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:37 am

coolfilmaker wrote:Again, I'm sure it would not be too hard to find a solar company in silicon valley willing to loan out some panels for a weekend.

There were too many trees for solar to have worked easily at that hotel. I just wish they would have been more discrete.
As it happens, SunPower's new HQ is only about 2.8 miles away from the Crowne Plaza hotel in Milpitas. They have an extensive solar canopy on their property, well in excess of 500 kW, I believe. If nothing else, I'm sure that valet charging or a shuttle could be arranged for those that wish to fuel their vehicles with solar energy. I think this could be something worth mentioning to Teslive coordinators.

ImageImage

cyellen
Delivery Date: 24 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 0613

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:35 am

Clearly we've moved on and this is no linger about ecotality or blink...
Glacier White SL-EV delivered 3/23/2011 in Phoenix, AZ
VIN: 000613
EVProject Participant: Blink installed 3/21/2011

surfingslovak
Vendor

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 am

cyellen wrote:Clearly we've moved on and this is no linger about ecotality or blink...
I think that it would be reasonable to expect some changes, now that CarCharging owns the network. I'm not sure if this thread is the best vehicle to track them, but that topic might come up again soon. Another area of interest might be warranty work and customer support on existing Blink stations. I remember seeing some Facebook posts from owners who had trouble getting their Blinks serviced. Considering what happened with ECOtality, I cannot help but to think that it's a shame and potentially damaging to the nascent new mobility. At the same time, it's been predicted by many, and one had to wonder if corrective action was possible at some stage of the game.

ITestStuff
Delivery Date: 27 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 406200

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 am

cyellen wrote:Clearly we've moved on and this is no linger about ecotality or blink...
Perhaps the folks that have changed the subject can go start a new thread? And perhaps a moderator can move all of the OT posts out of this thread?

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I received this email from "Blink".

Important News About Blink

As you may have heard, Car Charging Group just acquired the Blink Network and all of the Blink related assets. If you aren't already familiar with CarCharging,
we have been in the EV charging business since 2009 and are the owner of the largest independent public EV charging station network.

CarCharging has always been committed to supporting the EV industry and we want to assure you that the Blink charging stations will continue to operate.
We will work as quickly as possible to rectify any outstanding issues in order to elevate the Blink stations and network to the highest quality standard.

If you have an urgent maintenance issue (i.e. your charger does not work), please contact the Blink Call Center at (888) 998-2546 and we will do our best to
resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We appreciate your support and we look forward to serving you! Charge on!

Michael D. Farkas
Chief Executive Officer
CarCharging

Called them up, and was told this was just a "reassuring" message, and that while they still have my service ticket for an "Overheating Nozzle" in their system, service calls are still on hold.

Just an FYI, and an effort to drag this thing back on topic :roll:
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

bobsfreeleaf
Delivery Date: 20 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400283

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:18 am

My local San diego Wallgreens told me that they no longer support charging since the bankruptcy ended their "free deal". What an amazing commitment to the environment! Oh, here is their last press release that I could find: “Walgreens has a long-standing commitment to the environment and expanding its renewable energy and efficiency initiatives,” said Menno Enters, Walgreens director of energy and sustainability. “By offering up some of the country’s best locations, our sites will help provide convenient locations for EV drivers to recharge during their visit to our stores.”

Looks like their commitment is about as strong as the cheap plastic crapola they sell. :o
Slate 2013 Nissan Leaf Model S, no upgrades. $219/mo lease; $15/mo charging solution
Bobsfreeleaf

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:41 am

I really don't know what makes some people think that charging should be free... It is an unsustainable model. It also leads to charging sports being cluttered with fake EVs that barely have enough EV range to make it out of the parking lot, such as PIPs, or true EVs that don't really need a charge at all...
bobsfreeleaf wrote:My local San diego Wallgreens told me that they no longer support charging since the bankruptcy ended their "free deal". What an amazing commitment to the environment! Oh, here is their last press release that I could find: “Walgreens has a long-standing commitment to the environment and expanding its renewable energy and efficiency initiatives,” said Menno Enters, Walgreens director of energy and sustainability. “By offering up some of the country’s best locations, our sites will help provide convenient locations for EV drivers to recharge during their visit to our stores.”
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Tesla Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

pkulak
Delivery Date: 18 Sep 2013

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:54 am

TomT wrote:I really don't know what makes some people think that charging should be free... It is an unsustainable model. It also leads to charging sports being cluttered with fake EVs that barely have enough EV range to make it out of the parking lot, such as PIPs, or true EVs that don't really need a charge at all...
Exactly! Last time I was at OMSI (a science museum in Portland) there was an 85KW Tesla using the only J1772 plug. It's free so why not? But that guy is not even going to notice a couple hours at 30 amps. Someone who drove up from Salem in a Leaf, for example, would have been shit out of luck.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”