kieranmullen
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 020781

Re: encounters w/other Leafers w/surprising lack of knowledg

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Or maybe they just want to spend more time justifying $90k+ car after the sale.

apvbguy wrote:
TomT wrote:It's interesting that all of the Tesla S owners I have met and chatted with were far more knowledgeable about their car than the Leaf owners... And virtual everyone of them belonged to the Tesla forum whereas finding a Leaf owner these days that subscribes to the Leaf forum is the exception...
FWIW:
most Tesla owners are far more fanatical/passionate about their cars than Leaf owners seem to be.
Almost to the point of being almost evangelical about the virtues of their Tesla
2012 SL 5-29-14 6,000 Miles 6-16-15 24,562 (all bars)

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:01 pm

kieranmullen wrote:Or maybe they just want to spend more time justifying $90k+ car after the sale.
I have one, I don't need to justify my purchase and I do not have a need to preach to others about the car's greatness however if asked I will sing accolades all day long. I also am quite aware of the limitations and faults of the car as well and unlike the disciples of elon I don't go out of my way to browbeat nonbelievers and those who make note of some of the many missteps taken by Tesla like some of the self aggrandizing fan boys do.
woe betide the person who doesn't kneel at the alter tesla
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:56 am

apvbguy wrote:
kieranmullen wrote:Or maybe they just want to spend more time justifying $90k+ car after the sale.
I have one, I don't need to justify my purchase and I do not have a need to preach to others about the car's greatness however if asked I will sing accolades all day long. I also am quite aware of the limitations and faults of the car as well and unlike the disciples of elon I don't go out of my way to browbeat nonbelievers and those who make note of some of the many missteps taken by Tesla like some of the self aggrandizing fan boys do.
your view is typical of a "inside looking inwards" view and I can tell you there are just as many LEAF drivers that feel the exact same way
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 11,333.1 mi, 93.73% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kieranmullen
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 020781

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 am

Who is your message directed at. I would not mind having a Tesla either. I subscribe to reddit.com/r/Tesla
Here is to model 3!
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
apvbguy wrote:
your view is typical of a "inside looking inwards" view and I can tell you there are just as many LEAF drivers that feel the exact same way
2012 SL 5-29-14 6,000 Miles 6-16-15 24,562 (all bars)

DaveinOlyWA

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:08 am

kieranmullen wrote:Who is your message directed at. I would not mind having a Tesla either. I subscribe to reddit.com/r/Tesla
Here is to model 3!
not to you. the other guy is wrong. he thinks Tesla drivers are more informed because they are richer, spent more money on the cars or whatever other cracked logic he is using and he is dead wrong. Tesla drivers are no more fanatical about their cars than LEAF drivers.

there are many Tesla drivers that just drive the car and care less about the details just as there are many LEAF drivers. Go to the Tesla forums and I can guarantee their membership does not comprise even a ¼ of Tesla owners, just as the representation here does not come close to matching the number of LEAFers out there.

my "inside looking inwards" statement is exactly that. his only point of reference is people at at Tesla centric forum and why would anyone think otherwise. but using that experience to make a blanket statement implying LEAF owners don't care, are naive or whatever else is insulting, unfounded and pathetic
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 11,333.1 mi, 93.73% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apvbguy

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 pm

[quote="DaveinOlyWA"

not to you. the other guy is wrong. he thinks Tesla drivers are more informed because they are richer, spent more money on the cars or whatever other cracked logic he is using and he is dead wrong. Tesla drivers are no more fanatical about their cars than LEAF drivers.

there are many Tesla drivers that just drive the car and care less about the details just as there are many LEAF drivers. Go to the Tesla forums and I can guarantee their membership does not comprise even a ¼ of Tesla owners, just as the representation here does not come close to matching the number of LEAFers out there.

my "inside looking inwards" statement is exactly that. his only point of reference is people at at Tesla centric forum and why would anyone think otherwise. but using that experience to make a blanket statement implying LEAF owners don't care, are naive or whatever else is insulting, unfounded and pathetic[/quote]
who was it that said Tesla owners are better informed because they're richer or bought higher priced cars?
who was it that said Leaf owners are naive or don't care?
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:11 pm

johnrhansen wrote:They have to sell to the masses. And the masses don't care. I think the world would be a better place in many ways if the masses smartened up a bit and became more engaged and curious about the world around them, but alas, this is not so. At least there are some people like like that.
I agree.
Most of us "early adopters" were really into it.
Engineers or same brain type.
Most people don't know dick about anything, especially their cars.

Perhaps this "it's just a Car" is a sign of progress and acceptance, but their ignorance will cause discontent when the EV limitations rear their ugly head and they are clueless.
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

DaveinOlyWA

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:27 pm

apvbguy wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:

my "inside looking inwards" statement is exactly that. his only point of reference is people at at Tesla centric forum and why would anyone think otherwise. but using that experience to make a blanket statement implying LEAF owners don't care, are naive or whatever else is insulting, unfounded and pathetic
who was it that said Tesla owners are better informed because they're richer or bought higher priced cars?
who was it that said Leaf owners are naive or don't care?
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 07#p384207" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe I am reading more into your words than you are really saying but I have had the chance to know or run into a few dozen Tesla owners and other than the half dozen I knew before they got their Teslas, they were very much into several things including two who I originally met on a Prius site

but I have also run into Tesla owners in the wild over a dozen times and only two showed any knowledge beyond the "its got 4 wheels" mentality. Maybe its doctors (ya lets perpetuate another stereotype!!) since most of these were in or around medical facilities but the only Tesla owner I have encountered so far that knew more than the basics of EVs was a 7-Eleven Franchisee.

either way, I overreacted and I am sorry but I stand by my statement that your statement is too myopic.

obtw; trashing the quotes makes it hard to realize what you were saying. I saw your post about a half dozen times before I realized you had said anything

apvbguy

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:55 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
maybe I am reading more into your words than you are really saying but I have had the chance to know or run into a few dozen Tesla owners and other than the half dozen I knew before they got their Teslas, they were very much into several things including two who I originally met on a Prius site

but I have also run into Tesla owners in the wild over a dozen times and only two showed any knowledge beyond the "its got 4 wheels" mentality. Maybe its doctors (ya lets perpetuate another stereotype!!) since most of these were in or around medical facilities but the only Tesla owner I have encountered so far that knew more than the basics of EVs was a 7-Eleven Franchisee.

either way, I overreacted and I am sorry but I stand by my statement that your statement is too myopic.

obtw; trashing the quotes makes it hard to realize what you were saying. I saw your post about a half dozen times before I realized you had said anything
nonetheless, you put words into my mouth and I'd appreciate that you do not do that again. I said NOTHING about the income levels of owners of any cars and I said NOTHING about leaf owners caring or being disinterested in their cars.
there can be a misreading of the words but you've made up something that I never said or even implied

ksnogas2112
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021881

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:40 am

johnrhansen wrote:They have to sell to the masses. And the masses don't care. I think the world would be a better place in many ways if the masses smartened up a bit and became more engaged and curious about the world around them, but alas, this is not so. At least there are some people like like that.
+1
Tom in KS
100 Mile Club-#57
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/
Try reading a book, it's a novel experience
MY 2012 - Cayenne Red-55,000+ miles

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”