Page 231 of 251

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 pm
by jjeff
LeftieBiker wrote:....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.
Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:32 pm
by LeftieBiker
jjeff wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.
Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.
I was referring to the Bolt as well. There was 25 miles even on the GOM when I started my test drive, 22 when done. The only exception so far has been the Soul EV I drove. It had about 92 miles on the GOM.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 pm
by GRA
LeftieBiker wrote:
jjeff wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.
Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.
I was referring to the Bolt as well. There was 25 miles even on the GOM when I started my test drive, 22 when done. The only exception so far has been the Soul EV I drove. It had about 92 miles on the GOM.
The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:03 pm
by WetEV
GRA wrote:The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).
All range estimates are guesses. Unless they can use weather and wind predictions, predict traffic flows hours ahead, and read your mind as to how you are going to drive today.

It is a GOM.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 pm
by GRA
WetEV wrote:
GRA wrote:The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).
All range estimates are guesses. Unless they can use weather and wind predictions, predict traffic flows hours ahead, and read your mind as to how you are going to drive today.

It is a GOM.
Which is why I like the fact that they give you middle, low and high values, and you can take your pick. The Volt and Spark both used a much better algorithm than the LEAF, as it apparently used a rolling average over a much longer interval than was the case with the LEAF, and I imagine the Bolt does likewise. So, sure, they're all estimates of future behavior, but some are a lot more accurate than others.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:15 am
by jonathanfields4ever
manchi wrote:I got a 2018 Gun-Metal Leaf SV with Technology and Weather package. Took delivery last Friday in metro Atlanta. Anyone who got a 2018 figured out what's up with the Android play on the car? I can't get it to enable.
I couldn’t get Apple Car Play to work on mine, and it turned out I had a bad nav unit. I don’t know much about your circumstances, but it’s not impossible.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:41 pm
by manchi
jonathanfields4ever wrote:
manchi wrote:I got a 2018 Gun-Metal Leaf SV with Technology and Weather package. Took delivery last Friday in metro Atlanta. Anyone who got a 2018 figured out what's up with the Android play on the car? I can't get it to enable.
I couldn’t get Apple Car Play to work on mine, and it turned out I had a bad nav unit. I don’t know much about your circumstances, but it’s not impossible.
I finally figure out the issue. It was the USB cable. Somehow the cheap ebay cables doesn't work. Changed to one of the thicker name-brand cable and it worked fine! :lol:

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:49 am
by jonathanfields4ever
Meanwhile, I’ve had mine in the shop three times already. It’s being sent up to some Nissan big deal hub/factory in Nagoya to be looked at. No lemon law in Japan, either. As long as the car is suitable for the road, nothing else is required to work as advertised. Talked to an attorney and he said they may give me a cash payment as an apology, but it’s a long shot.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 am
by LeftieBiker
In the US, before Lemon Laws, people used to paint their defective cars like lemons and place large explanatory signs on them. The manufacturers found this surprisingly undesirable...

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:23 pm
by mrgoodwin59
I purchased my 2018 Leaf SV on March 3rd. Electrical outlet added last Friday so I can now charge using Level 2 in TOU. Trickle charge was taking 13+ hours to add around 40% to the battery a night. Luckily my commute is under 40% driving with ECO so I was okay but pretty much had to hook the car to the charger once I got home. I tested the level 2 last night and added 29% (from 62% to 91%) in an hour and 20 minutes.