DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2217
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:07 pm

https://youtu.be/bvzS6Mklkjw

Another nice review.
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2217
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:49 pm

I was looking at Carvana, and at least by us, there was only 1 coming soon Leaf Plus, yet 72 available Model 3s.
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

dmacarthur
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Jul 2018
Leaf Number: 306556
Location: Vermont

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:05 am

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:49 pm
I was looking at Carvana, and at least by us, there was only 1 coming soon Leaf Plus, yet 72 available Model 3s.
Prices? just curious.....
2015 Leaf sold
2019 Leaf Plus S as of 9/30/19

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2217
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 am

The Leaf Plus SV 2019 with 7k miles was 27K. The M3s were between 37K and 47k. Some of the M3s were purchase pending.
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

GaleHawkins
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 am

Limited funds was why I went for a used Leaf vs a used Tesla. Well it was mainly the battery warranty. Our 2016 SL was $13,428 and under 22K miles and 5 weeks away from 8 bars of battery life. The new 150 mile range battery meets 99% of our trip needs and should last until the base $25K Tesla is on the market. I hate FSD option adds $10K soon which I need for safety concerns.

SageBrush
Posts: 5414
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 am

GaleHawkins wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 am
I hate FSD option adds $10K soon which I need for safety concerns.
How so ?
All Tesla vehicles come with a full menu of safety features enabled.
What FSD feature are you calling 'safety' that Tesla does not ?
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/18: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/18: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
09/20: 54.3 Ahr; 38k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

webeleafowners
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:20 pm

GaleHawkins wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 am
Limited funds was why I went for a used Leaf vs a used Tesla. Well it was mainly the battery warranty. Our 2016 SL was $13,428 and under 22K miles and 5 weeks away from 8 bars of battery life. The new 150 mile range battery meets 99% of our trip needs and should last until the base $25K Tesla is on the market. I hate FSD option adds $10K soon which I need for safety concerns.
Sounds like a great deal on the leaf.

Curious, what safety features do you think FSD would provide.

Cheers.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

GaleHawkins
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:48 pm

webeleafowners wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:20 pm
GaleHawkins wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 am
Limited funds was why I went for a used Leaf vs a used Tesla. Well it was mainly the battery warranty. Our 2016 SL was $13,428 and under 22K miles and 5 weeks away from 8 bars of battery life. The new 150 mile range battery meets 99% of our trip needs and should last until the base $25K Tesla is on the market. I hate FSD option adds $10K soon which I need for safety concerns.
Sounds like a great deal on the leaf.

Curious, what safety features do you think FSD would provide.

Cheers.

Keeping the vehicle in my lane in case of major health event while driving or due to falling to sleep. The full self driving mode reduces accident risks by 8 times per Tesla over manual driving. Labeling people walking or biking or animals in the roadway would be a plus. The quality shown of the new rewrite below from East and West coasts showed events of interest.

https://youtu.be/gi-K0i465xM

https://youtu.be/BJquJp1L0hI

webeleafowners
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:37 pm

GaleHawkins wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:48 pm
webeleafowners wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:20 pm
GaleHawkins wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 am
Limited funds was why I went for a used Leaf vs a used Tesla. Well it was mainly the battery warranty. Our 2016 SL was $13,428 and under 22K miles and 5 weeks away from 8 bars of battery life. The new 150 mile range battery meets 99% of our trip needs and should last until the base $25K Tesla is on the market. I hate FSD option adds $10K soon which I need for safety concerns.
Sounds like a great deal on the leaf.

Curious, what safety features do you think FSD would provide.

Cheers.

Keeping the vehicle in my lane in case of major health event while driving or due to falling to sleep. The full self driving mode reduces accident risks by 8 times per Tesla over manual driving. Labeling people walking or biking or animals in the roadway would be a plus. The quality shown of the new rewrite below from East and West coasts showed events of interest.

https://youtu.be/gi-K0i465xM

https://youtu.be/BJquJp1L0hI
Yes. Lane keeping is good. But lane keeping, distance keeping and braking are all part of Autopilot which comes standard with the car. The 10K FSD feature has more to do with navigating to a location etc. I’m not sure I would call that a safety feature.

Cheers.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

salyavin
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 318726
Location: Littleton , CO

Re: Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:39 am

While much more primitive the LEAF does have lane keep assist and at least with pro pilot assist can keep distance from car in front. I doubt most people drive with these features on every time they are in the car so plan your incapacitation while driving in advance ;)

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”