Yanquetino

Why are there RAQs in non-rollout areas?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:20 am

Hold on a minute! The Leaf Orders Map in the sticky thread above shows RAQs in non-rollout states.

For example, "Corwin" (Delta, UT), "Phil" (northern NM), "GoletaM" (Caliente, NV), and "Randy3" (Goldpoint, NV) have all been able to request a quote for their LEAFs.

How is this possible?

Do they have VIP contacts at Nissan? Did they provide a different address via a surrogate in a rollout state? Did they misplace their markers on the map?

Who are their dealers, and where are they located?

As you can imagine, this kind of thing shocks and angers other reservation holders in the hinterlands.

sjfotos
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: Why are there RAQs in non-rollout areas?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:47 am

Yanquetino wrote:Hold on a minute! The Leaf Orders Map in the sticky thread above shows RAQs in non-rollout states.

For example, "Corwin" (Delta, UT), "Phil" (northern NM), "GoletaM" (Caliente, NV), and "Randy3" (Goldpoint, NV) have all been able to request a quote for their LEAFs.

How is this possible?

Do they have VIP contacts at Nissan? Did they provide a different address via a surrogate in a rollout state? Did they misplace their markers on the map?

Who are their dealers, and where are they located?

As you can imagine, this kind of thing shocks and angers other reservation holders in the hinterlands.
More than likely, these folks have other homes. or relatives/friends with other home addresses in California, etc. I've had two actual physical addresses at many points in my travels, so not all that unusual.....
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

johnr
Delivery Date: 11 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2151

Re: Why are there RAQs in non-rollout areas?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:26 am

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the markers have gotten moved accidentally. That has happened several times already. Because the map is open to public collaboration, these things happen.

The orders spreadsheet would be a more accurate representation of customer locations.
My trip to Mineral King and the value of regen

Charging stations, electrical adapters, and portable CHAdeMO quick chargers

2011 upgrade: Fossil < Leaf. 2014 upgrade: Leaf < imiev. 2017 upgrade: imiev < tesla. Done upgrading.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”