Why are there RAQs in non-rollout areas?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yanquetino

Hold on a minute! The Leaf Orders Map in the sticky thread above shows RAQs in non-rollout states.

For example, "Corwin" (Delta, UT), "Phil" (northern NM), "GoletaM" (Caliente, NV), and "Randy3" (Goldpoint, NV) have all been able to request a quote for their LEAFs.

How is this possible?

Do they have VIP contacts at Nissan? Did they provide a different address via a surrogate in a rollout state? Did they misplace their markers on the map?

Who are their dealers, and where are they located?

As you can imagine, this kind of thing shocks and angers other reservation holders in the hinterlands.

Yanquetino said:
Hold on a minute! The Leaf Orders Map in the sticky thread above shows RAQs in non-rollout states.

For example, "Corwin" (Delta, UT), "Phil" (northern NM), "GoletaM" (Caliente, NV), and "Randy3" (Goldpoint, NV) have all been able to request a quote for their LEAFs.

How is this possible?

Do they have VIP contacts at Nissan? Did they provide a different address via a surrogate in a rollout state? Did they misplace their markers on the map?

Who are their dealers, and where are they located?

As you can imagine, this kind of thing shocks and angers other reservation holders in the hinterlands.

More than likely, these folks have other homes. or relatives/friends with other home addresses in California, etc. I've had two actual physical addresses at many points in my travels, so not all that unusual.....

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the markers have gotten moved accidentally. That has happened several times already. Because the map is open to public collaboration, these things happen.

The orders spreadsheet would be a more accurate representation of customer locations.

Back