T-shirt

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awolfe63

Got the following email today. Ordered my T-shirt about 6-8 weeks ago. I guess these guys aren't any better at delivering T-shirts than cars. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ...,
Your Nissan LEAF t-shirt is on it's way!

Below is your confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.
Should any information be incorrect, please contact Customer Care at 866-213-9187 and they will be happy to assist you.

Shipping Address:
... Cupertino CA 95014 US

FREE

lonndoggie said:
of course, it was the wrong one
I got the wrong shirt too. Anyone know if they are going to correct this and send out the right shirts?

smkettner said:
Is that the correct t-shirt message?
Yeah, got the wrong message, but right size. I'd posted elsewhere that my father-in law wanted the message I got, but he got the one I wanted. But our sizes are different, and they got those right, so we can't swap.

I'm just going with the one they sent. Not a huge deal, but I definitely don't wake fully charged!

How many "I got my tee shirt threads do wee really need" Every new member, please start a new thread when you get your t shirt, RAQ, car delivered, etc etc.

EVDRIVER said:
How many "I got my tee shirt threads do wee really need" Every new member, please start a new thread when you get your t shirt, RAQ, car delivered, etc etc.

How many times are people going to post "we already have the thread, please search for it" ? It seems like it's time to look for some technology to help, as clearly using the search button isn't the answer.

As mentioned before - on PriusChat, before you post a new thread, the software there does a search of your topic and pulls up relevant threads and asks if your new topic is the same as any of the threads it's located. Seems that something like that would help to solve both the posting of duplicate threads, and the posts asking if the poster first searched for the topic. Just a suggestion!

LakeLeaf said:
EVDRIVER said:

How many times are people going to post "we already have the thread, please search for it" ? It seems like it's time to look for some technology to help, as clearly using the search button isn't the answer.

As mentioned before - on PriusChat, before you post a new thread, the software there does a search of your topic and pulls up relevant threads and asks if your new topic is the same as any of the threads it's located. Seems that something like that would help to solve both the posting of duplicate threads, and the posts asking if the poster first searched for the topic. Just a suggestion!

That would be good as the software here is not so great but that is up to the admin. Regardless, I put in "tee shirt" and it went to the thread about the nissan package and tee shirt delivery. Besides, do we need threads on such trivial topics, clearly if one uses a bit of thought it is clear they are not the only ones to get a shirt. There is very little common sense in starting threads here. This site will be like twitter and full of nonsense posts and lazy threads on on-line questions. It's getting a bit old and will soon degrade the forum. It's not just the search function because frequent members do the same thing.

And oh boy-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NIssan-LEAF-tee-shirt-/150550382892

EVDRIVER said:
That would be good as the software here is not so great but that is up to the admin. Regardless, I put in "tee shirt" and it went to the thread about the nissan package and tee shirt delivery. Besides, do we need threads on such trivial topics, clearly if one uses a bit of thought it is clear they are not the only ones to get a shirt. There is very little common sense in starting threads here. This site will be like twitter and full of nonsense posts and lazy threads on on-line questions. It's getting a bit old and will soon degrade the forum. It's not just the search function because frequent members do the same thing.

No argument from me there, but I suspect that as the forum grows the thousands and thousands of members, it's going to be tougher and tougher to keep it orderly via the hands on administrative route. Plus, one of the last things that we want to do is discourage new folks from contributing until they have a complete layout of the site. Being new, it might not really occur to them that the site tries to keep information in particular threads (as not all sites are this well managed). Hopefully wxxyz can find some technological help for the issue to lessen the burden on the admins and make the experience inviting and pleasant for the new folks.

To continue OFF TOPIC here:
Having only a few Main Topics, many with hundreds of threads on many different categories of subjects in some of them ... makes finding stuff difficult. So, add 50 (or so) good sub-topics to help keep the many threads better organized.

"Search" seems to object if any word appears too many times in the whole forum, even if the specified combination of words is infrequent. For example, search for Nissan Nav and it ignores Nissan and uses only Nav, returning far too many results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back