nissanfinance.com

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malloryk

ew. I just went to make my first (well, I guess second) payment on my Leaf. They charge you if you want to make a one-time payment on their site! So I signed up for the recurring payment, but I don't like doing that. It makes me feel like I don't have control. This is the first time I've ever been charged for making a payment online. I don't like the way their site is set up either.

Payment Type Convenience Fee
Credit Card $12.95
ATM Card $5.00
Electronic Check $5.00

Well, what you have to pay, you have to pay.

I've everything setup for auto - since otherwise I'd forget a credit card payment once in a while ...

malloryk said:
ew. I just went to make my first (well, I guess second) payment on my Leaf. They charge you if you want to make a one-time payment on their site! So I signed up for the recurring payment, but I don't like doing that. It makes me feel like I don't have control. This is the first time I've ever been charged for making a payment online. I don't like the way their site is set up either.

Payment Type Convenience Fee
Credit Card $12.95
ATM Card $5.00
Electronic Check $5.00

That's really nonsensicle. Electronic payments require little or no human intervention and cost the receiver nothing - with the exception of a small fee for the credit card of which Nissan should have a very favorable rate.

Was any of this disclosed on the lending documents you signed for the car? All this is doing is jacking up the effective interest rate you are paying for the car. Any want to calculate how much an extra $60/yr or $155.40/yr changes the effective money factor?

Thanks for letting everyone know about this - check those lending documents and don't agree to pay these fees! Make the dealer sweat and forced to deal with Nissan Finance and get this removed.

Shame on Nissan Finance for trying to screw their customers.

I think this is to "encourage" people to do automatic payments. There are institutes that do this another way - auto payment gets you a better interest rate. Same difference.

I use online billpay through my bank for our Maxima. I setup 60 re-occurring payments on the same day each month until the note is paid off. Never have to think about the car payment again. This option doesn't cost me anything extra.

Looks like to set up recurring payment with them is free... I think. And it doesn't look like you get any discount setting it up that way. I signed up to do that and it's going to take a day or two for them to verify my bank account. I don't have online banking set up with my bank because they charge for it. It's just kinda greedy of them to charge you to pay your bill. Not classy.

malloryk said:
Looks like to set up recurring payment with them is free... I think. And it doesn't look like you get any discount setting it up that way. I signed up to do that and it's going to take a day or two for them to verify my bank account. I don't have online banking set up with my bank because they charge for it. It's just kinda greedy of them to charge you to pay your bill. Not classy.

Time for a new Bank.

mwalsh said:
I'm like having the control myself...they all can wait for my check. Actually, just mailed my first payment today...$680 on account of the 100% financing. PAINFUL! :lol:
What was your interest rate. mwalsh? I am financing myself but the rebate was not included.

Back