Page 22 of 39

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:46 pm
by dsh
Marktm wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:32 pm
dsh wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 am
Yes, it was definitely the more heat resistant Lizard pack, which lasted about 5 years before hitting 8 capacity bars vs. 3 years for the original pack.
dsh;
Was there any "warranty" information received on your replacement pack? Was it based on a restart of both date/time and mileage for degradation; date/time for defects, or clearly stated no warranty of any type?

The only such information on my replacement was the dealer invoice => "12 months, 12,000 miles, whichever comes first".
Marktm,
For the replacement Lizard pack, there was not any restart of both date/time and mileage for capacity degradation. It only had the 12 months, 12,000 miles parts replacement warranty.

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:02 pm
by dsh
dsh wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:46 pm
Marktm wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:32 pm
dsh wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 am
Yes, it was definitely the more heat resistant Lizard pack, which lasted about 5 years before hitting 8 capacity bars vs. 3 years for the original pack.
dsh;
Was there any "warranty" information received on your replacement pack? Was it based on a restart of both date/time and mileage for degradation; date/time for defects, or clearly stated no warranty of any type?

The only such information on my replacement was the dealer invoice => "12 months, 12,000 miles, whichever comes first".
Marktm,
For the replacement Lizard Pack which was replaced for free thanks to the Class Action Lawsuit, there was not any restart of both date/time and mileage for capacity degradation. You only had whatever remaining Capacity Warranty was left and the the 12 months, 12,000 miles parts replacement warranty.

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:05 am
by DougWantsALeaf
Looks like someone on Reddit just received a battery change for 8K. 24 —> 50KW

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicl ... ange_from/

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:07 am
by webeleafowners
DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:05 am
Looks like someone on Reddit just received a battery change for 8K. 24 —> 50KW

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicl ... ange_from/

Good morning Doug.

Doug I’m not sure I understand. Was this a Nissan change or an aftermarket company.

John

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:25 am
by SageBrush
webeleafowners wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:07 am
DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:05 am
Looks like someone on Reddit just received a battery change for 8K. 24 —> 50KW

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicl ... ange_from/

Good morning Doug.

Doug I’m not sure I understand. Was this a Nissan change or an aftermarket company.

John
These folks
https://www.facebook.com/ve.simonandre/

A 40 kWh pack was installed

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:27 am
by webeleafowners
SageBrush wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:25 am
webeleafowners wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:07 am
DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:05 am
Looks like someone on Reddit just received a battery change for 8K. 24 —> 50KW

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicl ... ange_from/

Good morning Doug.

Doug I’m not sure I understand. Was this a Nissan change or an aftermarket company.

John
These folks
https://www.facebook.com/ve.simonandre/

A 40 kWh pack was installed
Good morning Sagebrush. Thank you. Interesting.

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:52 am
by DougWantsALeaf
Interesting and exciting. I know the car companies hope to use the cell phone model (by making the battery not easily changeable) thus hoping you will buy a new and more expensive phone every few years. We need upgradable batteries as the car mechanics can then be reused as the batteries improve. It would actually be a great way for car dealers to get back some service revenue.

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:29 pm
by LeftieBiker
Would someone please summarize? I'm not on Facebook.

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:42 pm
by Lothsahn
LeftieBiker wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:29 pm
Would someone please summarize? I'm not on Facebook.


Leftie:

I didn't use facebook either, but this place swapped a 40kWh pack from a wrecked 2018 into a 24 kWh Leaf and the instrumentation shows the correct range and charge %. The cost was $10k CAD, which is around $7k USD.
https://ve.simonandre.ca/

Apparently they only have it working for 2011/2012 as of now.

Re: Fenix Power: A new third party battery replacement?

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:25 pm
by Marktm
Anyone seen an update later than this on Fenix Power?
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/07/22/wi ... e-a-tesla/