Front Towing Hook for 2018?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwong

I want to get a Front Towing Hook for my 2018 Leaf. Does anyone know the correct part number? parts.nissanusa.com doesn't list a towing hook for the 2018 but it does for the 2015. Does the 62680Z TOWING HOOK-FRONT (Part Number: 511121KA0A) for the 2015 Leaf fit the 2018?

As a 2011 Leaf owner, I can say the eye-bolt that comes with it is 8 inches long, is size M24 w/ 3.00 threads, and has 12 threads. If you haven't already, check that under the little door on the left front that there actually is a threaded socket. If so, it may be unchanged from the 2011 Leaf -- but either measure it somehow or borrow a metric bolt (<-- I entered lowercase here, BTW) from a hardware store that fits it to verify its size. Also, if you haven't already, check the little toolkit that comes with the Leaf to see if it might not have the right eye-bolt there (located in a storage compartment on the left right next to the hatch on my Leaf). Hope this helps...

The 2015 Leaf SV I previously leased had the front towing hook. I had to use it twice: once when I got a flat and the other time when I ran my battery down to 0. Pulling the Leaf onto the flat bed tow truck was really easy with the front towing hook and so I want to make sure that I have it the next time I need it.

Since my 2015 Leaf included the hook, I assumed that the 2018 Leaf SL would but no such luck. Not a big deal. I'll just go buy one but Nissan doesn't even list as a part for the 2018!

If I had known the 2018 wouldn't include the hook, I would've at least tested the 2015 hook in the 2018.

Anyone have a 2015 hook that can confirm that it works in a 2018?

Can anyone confirm that the front tow hook part 51112-1JA0A fits a 2018 Leaf?

I am only looking for a way to tie down the front of a canoe, not tow the car. The manual says "do not use the vehicle tie-downs to tow or free a stuck vehicle" but I cannot find any other info about these tie-downs.

georose said:
Can anyone confirm that the front tow hook part 51112-1JA0A fits a 2018 Leaf?

I am only looking for a way to tie down the front of a canoe, not tow the car. The manual says "do not use the vehicle tie-downs to tow or free a stuck vehicle" but I cannot find any other info about these tie-downs.
I personally wouldn't worry about using the 2 "tie-downs" to hold down a canoe, they are plenty strong and something like a canoe isn't going to really stress them. The large heavy tow hook would be an overkill.

Hi jjeff – thanks very much for your reply! I agree with you, the towing hook is overkill. But I cannot figure out where to find these "tie-down" locations. Manual is no help. I was just at the Nissan dealership this morning and their parts guy couldn't figure it out either. Do you have any idea? Any help or suggestions appreciated!

It sounds like you may be overseas? On my Leaf(and I believe newer ones also) there are 2 tie-down type loops one on each side of the front, now maybe those are just in N. American Leafs for some compliance thing? I do know all my cars in the last couple of decades have had such loops....

Those loops are for transporting cars on trucks and trains. I don't know how they could be considered "compliance" unless you mean just to allow those means of transport - which I assume Europe also uses.

jjeff said:
It sounds like you may be overseas? On my Leaf(and I believe newer ones also) there are 2 tie-down type loops one on each side of the front, now maybe those are just in N. American Leafs for some compliance thing? I do know all my cars in the last couple of decades have had such loops....
I'm in Vancouver, Canada. I think the Leafs sold here are basically the same as in U.S. Can you send photo of the tie-down loops you mentioned? Maybe they're right under my nose but somehow I'm not seeing them.
By the way, yesterday I did buy the 51112-1JA0A towing hook from Nissan. Seems like a good idea to keep in the car just in case of emergency when a tow might be required.
Thanks!

I too am trying to find places to tie down my boat - I found one spot in the rear right, none on front (except the tow hook). Did you have any luck?

Thanks! The season is upon us and I want to head out!

Back