LEAF and Volt for the two car family

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeParrott

Felix Kramer in the SF Bay Area was the first household with both the LEAF and the Volt, and his family LEAF came from North Bay Nissan in Petaluma.

Last week, on Thursday Feb. 17, Ron Coury of North Bay Nissan delivered our Glacier Pearl SL with the QC and floor mat options to us, and it would appear that we are the SECOND LEAF + Volt household as our Volt was delivered on January 13 and now has over 2000 miles.

We got the Coulomb chargepoint unit and installation FREE from a Volt/DOE program in the Sacramento metropolitan region, and this works well to now mostly provide the power for the LEAF, as the Volt can almost get a full charge during the PG&E EV9 midnight to 7 am rate time just off the 110v cord that came with that car. I have that charge cord now mounted on the right side of our garage and the Coulomb 220v chargepoint is on the left side mounted right new our two solar photovoltaic system inverters. We have enough PV power, based on last year's annual report to fully provide all the power for the house AND to have enough to charge both EVs using the TOU low rate timeframe for the car charging and the BIG "peak time credits" the solar panels generate. (Last year our system generated a credit of $438 which, of course PG&E will not actually be paying us, but at offset time charge rates of only $ 0.05-.06 per kw, that kind of "credit" should fully wipe out our additional low rate time EV charge costs !).

So it would seem you are the only person on MNL with both a Volt and a LEAF. Nice! It will be good to hear about your life with both cars over a prolonged period of time. If others on here also have both cars, please sound off. Congratulations and Enjoy!

Back