LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Is it possible to bring up TPMS display just to check tire pressure?

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:29 am

It depends on the dealership and the problem. A nice dealer who wants to build loyalty would replace a leaking valve stem for free. A cheap dealership would never do anything for free.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Ancient1
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2019
Leaf Number: 316654

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:25 am

My new SV plus must have different screens than yours. My TPMS screen is on the left - not on the center screen. Pressing "i" on the center screen does not show TPMS, and there is no way to "scroll down". You can only go sideways from screen 1 to screen 2. The left screen does have a scroll-down function, which does bring up TPMS, but the only thing that shows is how the display reads. When I select "psi" on that screen, it then defaults to that, but does not show actual tire pressures, not does it give me any option to see such a reading.
Is there something I am missing?
2019 SV plus - scarlet ember / black - weather, technology
2007 Acura MDX
Siemens Versicharge EV2
LElink BLE OBD-II
Solar PV: 81x210w (17Kw)

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:37 am

There are numerous information screens on the left side of the display in front of the steering wheel. Scroll left or right until you get to the "i" (information) screens; then scroll up or down until you get the tire pressure display. You were in the"Menu" screens when you found the setting for pressure units (psi, bar). I am still learning my way around all of the information screens after 6 weeks and 2500 miles.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL+ purchased 8/10/2019

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Yes, those screens are pretty non-intuitive, but you do get the hang of at least getting to the ones you like most. I use the multi-info screen that shows compass, satellite radio preset, bigger digital speedo, and a couple of other things as the default, but I know that the battery temp is just "4 left" presses away, and getting back is just 4 right presses. In the Winter I'll be looking at the TPMS readouts instead of battery temp, so I have to learn that one still. That will involve vertical as well as horizontal scrolling, IIRC, but I won't need to see it as often.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Ancient1
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2019
Leaf Number: 316654

Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:52 am

As an addendum to my previous post, when I found the TPMS screen I was sitting in my driveway with the car not running. Once I started the car, I got a message on that screen that said "tire pressure will show once car begins moving". Sure enough, once I began driving, the tire pressures began appearing, and all 4 were showing within about a quarter mile. They came up somewhat slowly, one at a time. The surprising thing was that 2 of the tires showed at 46 pounds, one at 47, and one at 48! They are rated at 44 pounds max. They were basically cold, so it wasn't a case of heating up after driving for awhile. The dealer apparently set them a little high in their delivery prep (car is new - had only about 200 miles on it at the time). When I got back home, I used my gauge to set each of them to 44 pounds, and then checked them with the TPMS reading on the dash, and they each showed exactly 44 pounds - so it appears the TPMS reading is pretty reliable. I guess learning many of the fine points of the car are sort of trial and error, as none of this was clearly shown in the manual.
2019 SV plus - scarlet ember / black - weather, technology
2007 Acura MDX
Siemens Versicharge EV2
LElink BLE OBD-II
Solar PV: 81x210w (17Kw)

Hedge
Delivery Date: 25 Jul 2011

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:39 pm

Also, if it is not showing there is a place in the last menu to select what screens are available on each of the columns. I'll have to take a look later, but I know I have added and removed some.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”