DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 1684
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm

While there is a fair amount of 40 kWh Leaf inventory available in my area (helping a friend into an electric..with a budget in the low 20's, a base Leaf S or SV is about all you can choose between), I don't see much Leaf Plus inventory.

Is that because things are supply constrained or because they don't sell many, hence are not making too many?

I know Canada is pretty supply constrained. I don't know how much of it is because they are shipping Leaf's to a number of new markets, or something else?
2019 S Plus (98.6% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.6% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh

webeleafowners
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:While there is a fair amount of 40 kWh Leaf inventory available in my area (helping a friend into an electric..with a budget in the low 20's, a base Leaf S or SV is about all you can choose between), I don't see much Leaf Plus inventory.

Is that because things are supply constrained or because they don't sell many, hence are not making too many?

I know Canada is pretty supply constrained. I don't know how much of it is because they are shipping Leaf's to a number of new markets, or something else?
Good question (and post). It it just misjudging regional demand or are they simply not able to produce enough cars.

I would be curious to see if they are making progress in Tennessee Leaf production. They are certainly losing sales in B.C. right now.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14896
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:01 pm

I HOPE that these cars have the All Weather Package...?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

webeleafowners
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I HOPE that these cars have the All Weather Package...?
We have one on order. When it arrives (next February) how will I tell.

Thanks.

John.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14896
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:28 pm

webeleafowners wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I HOPE that these cars have the All Weather Package...?
We have one on order. When it arrives (next February) how will I tell.

Thanks.

John.
If, as I recall, you ordered an SL, that has the heated seats and wheel and the heatpump standard. It's the S and SV that now require an option package to get the heated seats and steering wheel (and heat pump with the SV). In any case, the invoice and window sticker list any packages a car has included.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

webeleafowners
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14896
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 pm

webeleafowners wrote:Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.
You're welcome. Canada should have a regulation that requires that any EV sold there have whatever Winter heating packages are available for the vehicle. Because I just know that American dealers will, at some point, be selling California and other hot climate Leafs to Canada.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

webeleafowners
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.
You're welcome. Canada should have a regulation that requires that any EV sold there have whatever Winter heating packages are available for the vehicle. Because I just know that American dealers will, at some point, be selling California and other hot climate Leafs to Canada.
They already do. A ton of out of country used leafs are imported to this province. They can’t get them fast enough. Even without used EV’s EV sales are now over 8 percent of new car sales in BC. I think Nissan needs to re-evaluate North American leaf allotment to BC.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

cwerdna
Posts: 10585
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:13 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:While there is a fair amount of 40 kWh Leaf inventory available in my area (helping a friend into an electric..with a budget in the low 20's, a base Leaf S or SV is about all you can choose between), I don't see much Leaf Plus inventory.

Is that because things are supply constrained or because they don't sell many, hence are not making too many?
Shrug. I put in zip code 95136 (not where I live, but close enough) into https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tool ... ntory.html, checked all 3 Plus versions of Leaf, set it to 64 miles and it still maxes out the counter: 50+ EXACT MATCHES 99+ Close matches. So, it doesn't look like there's a shortage in Nor Cal.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14896
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Plus Inventory

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 pm

webeleafowners wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.
You're welcome. Canada should have a regulation that requires that any EV sold there have whatever Winter heating packages are available for the vehicle. Because I just know that American dealers will, at some point, be selling California and other hot climate Leafs to Canada.
They already do. A ton of out of country used leafs are imported to this province. They can’t get them fast enough. Even without used EV’s EV sales are now over 8 percent of new car sales in BC. I think Nissan needs to re-evaluate North American leaf allotment to BC.
I don't mean that American stock will be sold to Canada - I know that is happening. I mean that American Leafs with no All Weather Package that were destined for hotter US states will be sold to Canada, with little or no warning that it is missing.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”