Electric Vehicle Marketplace

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliverWool

Hi there,

My team and I are looking at building an online platform for buying and selling electric vehicles only (purely in the UK). We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this to see what the community thinks.

If you have any suggestions or feedback please let us know by messaging us or just reply to this thread!

Thanks in advance!

In the case of used Leafs, make sure that you understand and use LeafSpy Pro to determine remaining battery capacity. Car reselling services in the US are still pretty clueless about that. If you mean that you plan to be a third party service only, then encourage sellers to post LeafSpy stats, and potential buyers to understand them.

What a great idea @LeftieBiker! Thank you for your feedback, it’s appreciated. Are there any other features you wish were implemented in more generic car marketplaces?

Just to confirm, we will be a third party and won’t be selling directly.

LeftieBiker said:
In the case of used Leafs, make sure that you understand and use LeafSpy Pro to determine remaining battery capacity. Car reselling services in the US are still pretty clueless about that. If you mean that you plan to be a third party service only, then encourage sellers to post LeafSpy stats, and potential buyers to understand them.
See above response :)

This sounds like a great idea and I hope it works out well for you and your UK shoppers. If you haven’t already, you might wish to solicit the same information on forums (fora?) dedicated to other EVs such as Tesla Motors Club, Tesla Owners Online, and the like. To my knowledge from owning both a LEAF and a Model 3, there is no easy way to get CAN information on the Tesla since there is no OBDII port. Therefore the wealth of great information about a LEAF through the mandatory LeafSpyPro app is just not available for Teslas without hacking into the wiring, which most customers will not do. My point (I know, finally!) is that you’ll likely want to provide some of the same key stats across all EV brands but the methods of obtaining those stats will differ. Part of what I would want in such a buying site would be comparisons across brands for the less knowledgeable who may be getting their first EV. That’s tough to do but a noble challenge. Best of luck!

It would be nice if postings included whether the car has a heat pump (my understanding is that it doesn't often get cold enough in the UK to make the heat pump irrelevant), LED headlights (not really significant, but I would want to know), Around-view (similar).

Back