Finding a GOOD certified EV/Leaf tech

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gncndad

I did a search, but couldn't find anything helpful.

Does this forum offer a list of recommended dealerships/techs for servicing the Leaf?

Other forums I've belonged to have some sort of "guru" list, showing techs that are highly rated.

I know it's a complex question, but in my 33k miles, since my car hasn't had any issues, I've only been to two dealerships here in Fort Worth, and then only for recall/TSB issues, or tire rotations. I haven't had a complex discussion with a Service Adviser or tech, so I have no way of knowing if they're knowledgeable or not.

Thanks in advance,

There is nothing special in Leaf.
Brakes require cleaning and lubrication. Axles regular check. Fluids some changes over long periods.

Given the low volume of Leaf’s in the US, most dealers only have 1 trained Leaf tech.

It might not be a bad idea to turn this topic into what you seek: a place to list GOOD certified Leaf techs, and good dealerships to have a Leaf serviced. It would have to be updated a lot, as dealerships change hands a lot.

Lia Nissan in Schenectady seems good. I don't have a name for their tech(s) though.

LeftieBiker said:
It might not be a bad idea to turn this topic into what you seek: a place to list GOOD certified Leaf techs, and good dealerships to have a Leaf serviced. It would have to be updated a lot, as dealerships change hands a lot.
Good idea, but maybe several such lists should be established under the "Local/Regional Discussions" page. However good a Florida LEAF tech might be, I'm unlikely to take my Oregon LEAF to them.

Levenkay said:
LeftieBiker said:
Good idea, but maybe several such lists should be established under the "Local/Regional Discussions" page. However good a Florida LEAF tech might be, I'm unlikely to take my Oregon LEAF to them.

As long as we list locale, it's just a matter of checking it for someone near you. We could always sort the list by state.

If you were going to do that, it would be better off in something like a wiki rather than a discussion thread.

LeftieBiker said:
Yup. Do we have Wikis here?
Yes, but much of the content is old since it required a separate login from the forums (even though it's operated by the same owner).
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/wiki/nissan-leaf/

Back