Strangest place you've gotten your leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driveleaf

So leaf ownership has inspired me to take the car everywhere I can.

Including the middle of dirt road. (Actually it was the shortest distance between my start and finish point.) The sand was a little difficult as the car would push back and forth given it's weight on the small tires. But I maintained about 15-25 miles per hour, and paid close attention to the ground clearance so I wouldn't bottom out. The biggest issue was the end of the 8 mile dirt journey, I had wheel wells full of sand.

And a NASCAR loop track. The cars low center of gravity was fantastic, and yes, 87 mph is pretty much our cap. ;)

driveleaf said:

Including the middle of dirt road. (Actually it was the shortest distance between my start and finish point.) The sand was a little difficult as the car would push back and forth given it's weight on the small tires. But I maintained about 15-25 miles per hour, and paid close attention to the ground clearance so I wouldn't bottom out. The biggest issue was the end of the 8 mile dirt journey, I had wheel wells full of sand.
Fun! I'd love to see photos, and hear about other Leaf-Adventures. :p

driveleaf said:

Including the middle of dirt road....quote]

I've been meaning to ask, how is the LEAF's road clearance? Not reported in any road test or specs I've seen.

I frequently drive (carefully) off-pavement, on roads and driveways (like my own, which is a half mile long, and only as well maintained as I am willing to make it) that are less than smooth.

Is road clearance comparable to similar ICEV's?

Better, since no low-hanging parts?

Or worse, since the battery pack could be vulnerable to a scrape?

Yesterday, I took my Leaf to the auto parts store to buy a new oil filter for my Escape and to dump 5 quarts of used motor oil.

It struck me as ironic that I was driving a car that needs NO oil changes in support of a car that does. :lol:

BTDT (Been there, done that) ... i.e. filling up the 5 gallon container at the gas pump ... in support of the riding lawn mower :oops: And, yes, I kept the "car" running while at the pump (!).

LEAFer said:
BTDT (Been there, done that) ... i.e. filling up the 5 gallon container at the gas pump ... in support of the riding lawn mower :oops: And, yes, I kept the "car" running while at the pump (!).
What, you don't have an electric mower?

tps said:
LEAFer said:
I was asked the very same question (with a different inflexion and language added) by the guy at the neighboring pump. The response was, "No, we have a perfectly running riding mower. Replacing it with a new mower is less friendly as to total environmental impact than keeping it." ( We have some very un-friendly (environmentally) huge lawn area to mow. Don't get me started! Address any reactions to this you might have directly with the wife :) Electric mower won't be able to handle it (in any efficient sort of way) ... just like a LEAF may not make sense for some "applications" and range needs.)

LEAFer said:
tps said:
LEAFer said:
I was asked the very same question (with a different inflexion and language added) by the guy at the neighboring pump. The response was, "No, we have a perfectly running riding mower. Replacing it with a new mower is less friendly as to total environmental impact than keeping it." ( We have some very un-friendly (environmentally) huge lawn area to mow. Don't get me started! Address any reactions to this you might have directly with the wife :) Electric mower won't be able to handle it (in any efficient sort of way) ... just like a LEAF may not make sense for some "applications" and range needs.)

I have a very small yard. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to cut both front and back. A few years ago, a friend from work said "You're a green geek. I have a brand new Black and Decker electric mower that I don't need because of my new pool. Do you want it?" I bought it off of him for the blistering price of 2 bottles of wine (my choice). I still have and use the mower. In fact, it resides immediately under my Blink unit! :mrgreen:

Back