Moving on, selling my Leaf, many thanks to this wonderful forum!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake14mw

Hi all,

I joined here two years ago, when I started getting serious about buying a used Leaf. After some great advice here, I found an awesome white 2014 SL that I have loved every day of ownership of. I was perfectly happy, not shopping for cars, but heard about the great lease deals Hyundai was having on the Ioniq EV. I couldn't turn it down. The Ioniq is great, and the longer range is very nice. The Leaf is more fun to drive though! Many thanks to all the friendly people in this forum that made my two years of Leaf ownership very enjoyable! Good luck to you all, maybe I'll be back one day!

A question - I made a donation the other day so I could put it up for sale here in the classifieds, but I don't see a post new topic button? Am I missing something?

Try emailing admin (Mike) using the contact for here.

The Ionic lease offer is great, but if you want that range in Winter you need to move up to the Limited or whatever they call the top line version, to get the heat pump. I don't know what that lease rate is.

For those considering the Ioniq, I suggest they first watch Bjorn Nyland's review of the car. Hyundai strangled the DC charging (which had actually been relatively quite good in the Gen1 model.) He went from being a big Ioniq fan to now ignoring the car. He does say though that it is no worse than the LEAF so if it is cheap it still might appeal to some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh9n5Vq7mjw

LeftieBiker said:
Try emailing admin (Mike) using the contact for here.

The Ionic lease offer is great, but if you want that range in Winter you need to move up to the Limited or whatever they call the top line version, to get the heat pump. I don't know what that lease rate is.

Yeah, the Limited adds the heat pump and a TON of other features. Being cost conscious though, I was trying to stick to the base model deal. Word got out about the deal quickly, and whenever I found one, it was sold before I could make a deal. I was in contact with about 8 different dealers in CT. This forced me to go to a limited since that was all that was left. Got mine on the last day for the CT state $1500 rebate, it was cut down to $500 the day after. I got a really good deal on one, just not the crazy $79 deal. Hyundai sold 40 Ionic EVs in August in the whole country. i bet they sold at least 30 in CT in one week!

I want to especially thank you for all of the help and information you have provided to me and all of us on this forum. Thanks so much.

You're welcome. Can you tell us what the lease deal was for the Limited? I'm not going to turn in my Leaf Too for one, but I'd like to be able to tell people both rates.

SageBrush said:
For those considering the Ioniq, I suggest they first watch Bjorn Nyland's review of the car. Hyundai strangled the DC charging (which had actually been relatively quite good in the Gen1 model.) He went from being a big Ioniq fan to now ignoring the car. He does say though that it is no worse than the LEAF so if it is cheap it still might appeal to some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh9n5Vq7mjw

Yeah, the lease deal I mentioned was for the 2019 model in the US that they are clearing out because the 2020 model is improved (with the exception of charging speed!)

jake14mw said:
Out the door deal was 163/month, 36 months, $1000 down, 12k miles/year net of the CT rebate.

That's a good deal for a Limited. Roughly the same as the steal I got on my 2013 SV/Premium lease. Lower residual I'll bet, too.

Back