Loving our new SL Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryleaf

Well, we have had the SL Plus for a Month now. Our previous EV was a 2011 Leaf SL. With the old car, we had to pretty much keep it charged up. Even if we only did 12 to 20 miles of driving in a day. This was probably harder on the battery too as it was constantly sitting at 100%. We do live in battery friendly NW Washington State, so after 65k miles the original battery was still at "10 bars."

With the new Plus Leaf, it's more like our ICE truck where we "fill up" only when needed. We can do our normal running around shopping and other errands and only charge if we get to 30% or less or if we are planning a longer trip the next day. I am hoping this method of charging management is going to help the battery to last a long time. We have taken several 70 plus mile trips and one 140 mile trip; no range anxiety or other issues (even in the rain with heat/defrost (four people in the car) going most of the time). I think we have charged it four times so far, and some not to 100%.

One thing I wish the car had is the power meter for accessories that the old Leaf had. Maybe it's there someplace and I just haven't found it yet...

Anyway, love the car and plan on driving it for many years!

That menu is under the information button on the home screen then ev usage.

Enjoy the Plus. Our experiences are similar to yours. I have taken interstate drives up to 240 miles on a charge, but suggest using Leafspy if pushing the range. Trips under 180-200 miles are stress free in all but the ugliest weather.

Back