Windshield Wiper replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

My 2018 is over 1 year old, wipers are streaky, so good idea to replace the windshield wipers.

If anyone has done this, what blades did you buy and how are they performing?

Thank you.

Wipe the blades with rubbing alcohol or rainx, and they will get some more life...

Any wipers will work... There is no "BEST". We have to get out of the mindset what we expect the "premium product" of everything.

Match them up for length...

Forty-five years of auto ownership, lots of experimentation, always trying to improve on OEM.

For the past 10-15 years, I've learned that OEM wiper blades (VW, Ford, Toyota, Nissan) fit the best, are the easiest to replace, last long enough, and are cost effective. I ALWAYS get a parts counter guy to discount, when I tell him I'm going to go online and search. I tell them I always prefer to buy local, to keep the dealership in business (w/o parts/service sales, they can't survive!)

Almost all dealerships have an online discounted sales area. Spend some time googling.

powersurge said:
Wipe the blades with rubbing alcohol or rainx, and they will get some more life...

Any wipers will work... There is no "BEST". We have to get out of the mindset what we expect the "premium product" of everything.

Match them up for length...

thanks, just tried some alcohol on them, lots of black and dirt come off!

Had the same question on a 2014. Don't know if the blade size is the same. There are some discussions buried in the forum that I dug out. Here's my notes: The Honda inserts worked fine. For me the suggested rear Denso was crap. Don't know why. Looked fine, fit properly, very poor wipe action. Might have got a bad unit.

Some or all Nissan dealers now offer a lower-priced hybrid replacement blade that fits all years with the following part#
Front driver side: B889UHS26JNW
Front pass. side: B889UHS16JNW
CONCLUSION
The hybrid replacement blades from the dealer are probably a good choice as they look sleek, perform like traditional blades (which they are under the outer covering), and can potentially have refills fitted when necessary if you are resourceful.
For the rear window, I can confirm that the Honda HR-V rear wiper, part 76622-T7A-003 is an exact fit for the 2015 Leaf, provided you still have the original metal strips. These Honda refills will give you an exact fit for the rubber inserts only, reusing the metal strips:
Driver side 650mm - 76622-STK-A02
Passenger side 400mm - 76632-STK-A02
Rear 260mm - 76622-T7A-003
All of these are available on Amazon if you search for the Honda P/N.

Front x2 both fit and work.
6/18/2018 - rear ordered after Denso would not wipe properly.

Thanks for responses.
Went to Nissan dealer, picked up the Hybrid blades

Front blade B889UHS26J $19.17, drivers side
Front blade B889UHS16J $17.25, pass side

Rear blade B8793RB14J. $17.71 (back ordered, pick up next week

I did try them out with windshield wiper fluid and they did a great job.

Edit: I wrote another thread on the installation of the front and rear blades in the Troubleshooting section.

Back