What's this 2016 SV worth?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atikovi

large.jpg

It was a taxi and has 54,000 miles. Average condition overall. I understand this year has a 96 month 100,000 mile battery warranty. If I bought it to sell, could I get near $8,000 for it with that paint job if I don't sell to a taxi driver?

Assuming that it is an SV as the wheels indicate, and that the battery isn't in terrible shape (at least 11 little capacity "bars" showing next to the charging indicator bars), possibly. If the battery is not in good shape, then ironically it would be easier to sell if it has 9 or fewer capacity bars, assuming that its use hasn't violated the battery warranty...

No, I mean that a Leaf that will get a new battery soon is sometimes worth more than one with a mediocre battery that will have to be driven for years before the battery gets replaced by Nissan. If the buyer's range needs are met or exceeded by a 9 bar car, then that's less an issue.

Wow, another DC area cab Leaf with the same paint job as my car. Mine did not last more than a few weeks because they figured out that without a QC port it would not work as a full time cab. I got a great deal and have enjoyed the car with a unique paint job in the Tidewater area of Virginia. If i lived in the DC area people trying to hail me for a ride might get annoying.

It is not worth more than $6500 IMO.

I had a 2016 SV that I drove till 52,000 miles (lease was for 3 years 54,000 miles).....the battery had lost a bar, and gave around 80 miles of range in California weather realistically.

More than anything, it is the rapid advances in larger battery capacities that deflates the values on the older cars. In 2 years from now, sub-100 mile EVs will be practically worthless.

My 2018 Leaf with 150 mile range (40 Kwh battery) is at 28,000 miles now..and its battery seems to be holding up much better than the 2016 model. It is still giving almost the full 150 miles in California weather after 28K miles on it..

The 150 mile is already feeling a bit dated, with the introduction of the 62Kwh 226 mile range leaf...

2021 could most likely see a 300 mile range Nissan offering at the $40K price point...

Back