Front seat belts not retracting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gncndad

2015S: The front seatbelts don't retract on their own, needing assistance to fully retract.

Is there an instructional video on removing the b-pillar trim pieces to access the seat belt reel? I'm thinking there might be some adjustability there.

Thanks!

gncndad said:
2015S: The front seatbelts don't retract on their own, needing assistance to fully retract.

Is there an instructional video on removing the b-pillar trim pieces to access the seat belt reel? I'm thinking there might be some adjustability there.

Thanks!

Been a LEAF thing for most of mine. I simply have gotten used to guiding the belt back into its reel. (That and I got tired of slamming the belt buckle in the door jamb)

I just returned from the dealership, getting the car inspected, tires rotated, and the recall taken care of.

I mentioned the slow retraction of the driver's side seatbelt. Service adviser checked it out, said, "Yup, it's defective. We'll replace it."

Warranty is for 10 years on the seat belt mechanism. No charge for replacement.

Thank you, federally mandated requirements!

Update: Dealer/warranty true to its word. Driver's side seatbelt replaced 2/27/2020, under warranty.

The passenger side is slow, but not sufficient to require replacement.

Back