jjeff
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121

Re: Nissan Dealership refuses a charge up !

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 am

Nubo wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:07 pm
powersurge wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:54 pm
This makes no sense, and this it the poster's first post....

No Nissan dealer is going to deny you a charge.,... I have gone to other car brands and they have graciously let me charge there.

You are a new member, with your first post, so I will say that you must be mistaken about this.

pretty much... i don't believe it.. You sound like an agitator....

If you are not an agitator, your first post should not be a complaint.. We are not connected to Nissan and your accusation is a whisper in the wind. GO COMPLAIN TO THE ALLEGED DEALER//
To be honest I note an increasing frequency of people with 1 or 2 posts landing here with odd problems or grievances of various ilk, to be heard no more. Seems fishy.
OP has not been back since their first and only post......even more fishy.....
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

EVDRIVER

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:51 am

powersurge wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:54 pm
This makes no sense, and this it the poster's first post....

No Nissan dealer is going to deny you a charge.,... I have gone to other car brands and they have graciously let me charge there.

You are a new member, with your first post, so I will say that you must be mistaken about this.

pretty much... i don't believe it.. You sound like an agitator....

If you are not an agitator, your first post should not be a complaint.. We are not connected to Nissan and your accusation is a whisper in the wind. GO COMPLAIN TO THE ALLEGED DEALER//
That's funny, I've had it happen more than one time as "new policy" and this was years ago. Also some dealers have converted their "free" DC units to EVGO pay only to avoid these issues. This topic was hashed out years ago here.

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am

Nubo wrote:
To be honest I note an increasing frequency of people with 1 or 2 posts landing here with odd problems or grievances of various ilk, to be heard no more. Seems fishy.
People often only look for a place to post something when they are having a problem. They post, read the responses (sometimes), and often don't come back unless their problem continues to bother them.

I did nearly the same thing over at the message board for MS Media Center back in October. Had a problem, posted about it (only my 2nd post in the 5 years since I joined there), thanked someone who helped me, and haven't been back since.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
93K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

EVDRIVER

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am

jlv wrote:
Nubo wrote:
People often only look for a place to post something when they are having a problem. They post, read the responses (sometimes), and often don't come back unless their problem continues to bother them.

I did nearly the same thing over at the message board for MS Media Center back in October. Had a problem, posted about it (only my 2nd post in the 5 years since I joined there), thanked someone who helped me, and haven't been back since.
Yes, and why would they after being new and told you are making it up. This person had a not uncommon experience. Nissan dealers mostly care less about the LEAF particularly now that it's more of a no-income extremely low volume car per dealership.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:30 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am
jlv wrote:
Nubo wrote:

Yes, and why would they after being new and told you are making it up. This person had a not uncommon experience. Nissan dealers mostly care less about the LEAF particularly now that it's more of a no-income extremely low volume car per dealership.
It's got more to do with the odd nature of some of the posts, not necessarily this one... Almost as if they have familiarized themselves with the vehicle and then amuse themselves by concocting a tale of woe based on perceived shortcomings. I am not accusing any one poster individually, but taken as a whole it raises my suspicions as to motives. I've gone back and forth personally on whether to even bother with such posts.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:06 am

I don't think he concocted a tale of woe. Back in 2015 I had a Nissan dealer here in Massachusetts tell me I couldn't charge my LEAF at their CHAdeMO because I hadn't bought it there. I was just as surprised as the OP here. That Nissan dealers still don't get isn't much of a surprise.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
93K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

radiotron
Delivery Date: 31 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 319240

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:07 pm

I have Had a similar experience
I have been driving Leafs since 2015
I am on my 3rd now and at 3 different dealers
i have stopped to charge at there Fast Chargers
And they Where broken and the reply from the sales managers
are we can't find anybody to fix them so three dealerships
in a 50 mile radius had broken fast chargers and all they had where the 220 chargers
and non electric Cars parked in that space where the charger is
I seen this over and over some dealers just don't care at all
I have never done a fast charge in 5 years anywhere
some dealers will tell you they would rather sell
Fossil fuel cars and only get a few leafs a year to sell
because they don't want them and will tell you that
anyway my 2 cents worth

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:54 pm

jlv wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:06 am
I don't think he concocted a tale of woe. Back in 2015 I had a Nissan dealer here in Massachusetts tell me I couldn't charge my LEAF at their CHAdeMO because I hadn't bought it there. I was just as surprised as the OP here. That Nissan dealers still don't get isn't much of a surprise.
As I said quite clearly, I am not pointing at this post specifically.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:19 am

Regarding my previous post, yes, I am suspicious when the first post someone makes is a non-factual complaint. It is not asking a question, and is only serving to make a generalized complaint of either the car, or the company.

There are many things to be furious about in life, but I would not waste my time complaining about not being able to charge my car at a destination.

It is like complaining that you went to MacDonald's and they did not want to give you a glass of water because you didn't buy something. That is between you and the individual you talked to. It doesn't generalize to anything, And personally, this topic is a non-topic IMO.

flyingjohn
Delivery Date: 29 Feb 2020

Thu May 21, 2020 11:12 am

Still here. Work, life and illness just got in the way of a follow up ! But thankyou for the kind support ;-)

As I said in my first post have been a "lurker" for a while. Certainly not an agitator as has been suggested.
Have now got my 2020 spec 40kw Tekna on order from a consolidator here in the UK, but it is now a month late due to factory closedown in Sunderland (in the UK).

So what happened.
Well refer to my OP , but I did take it further by reporting it to the MD of Nissan U.K. I had a splendid apologetic phone call some weeks later and a promise that the dealership principle would be reminded of the fact that they are ambassadors for the marque and not back street garages !

I haven't been back, and they didnt get my purchase of either a Qashqai for my wife or my new Leaf.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”