Is Fenix a total scam? Anyone been able to receive refund??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20nissanl3af13

Sent repeated email requests for a refund of my Fenix Power deposit ($150) starting back on Jan 27. Have not heard a word from them. (Have received at least two general status emails in that time- they still want more customers!!)

Has anyone had any response recently from Fenix?? What is a guy to do??

The owner claimed he would make sure everyone who wanted could get a refund of their deposit, even if "a meteor strikes our offices".
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26597&p=546845&hilit=refund#p546845

But they didn't put the deposits in an escrow account. He said it didn't matter, as instead they were "investigating blockchain based smart-contracts".
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26597&hilit=refund&start=100#p548003

Good luck.

I've been trying to get a refund since mid/late-February and have sent several emails and received no replies. Their website (just updated in the last week or two) says this about refunds:

What happens after you send that email:
*Note: we are currently transitioning our business finances in relation to investment funding, refunds may experience a delay of up to 2 weeks.
We monitor that email throughout the day, if sent prior to 5 PM Pacific time, you will see a same-day reply confirming your request via your preferred contact method. After that time your confirmation may be the following day.

Depending on how you read that, you might get a reply same-day or within two weeks. Either way, they have repeatedly missed that in my case.

Do I think it was originally a scam? No, not a scam, but I knew going into it that they might not deliver. What I did not envision was them failing (through non-response) to issue refunds while still trying to take new deposits.

I would strongly urge anyone considering placing a deposit to consider the fact that people asking for their refunds are not able to even get a response.

I wanted to go through them to get a new battery, but they just haven't delivered or even come close to their original time frame for doing so. I had to go through Nissan instead.

Back