Any real difference between the 2019 and 2020 SL Plus?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyMutt64A

My 2016 SV is down to an 80 mile range. While that sounds like a lot, it's not enough to get me to the kids' school and back with the heater on. I've found a couple of 2020s around me and a 2019 that's advertised for about $3k less. I didn't really find much difference between the 2 years on the stickers, but reality is often different. Figured I'd see if anyone had some input.

LeftieBiker said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
There are a few more safety features too I believe.

Was the rear door open traffic warning added in 2020 or 2019?

I think Nissan said mid 2019. I think the 2020s added a couple of airbags and rear sensors for the cross traffic alert with emergency brakingas well. Anyone know any changes to ProPilot?

Anyone know any changes to ProPilot?

Someone here said that their 2019 (IIRC) Pro Pilot was better than the 2018 had been. No official changes, but possible software improvement. I also don't know if this was for all 2019 leafs with PP, or later builds only.

Thanks everyone. Looks like the answer is no, not really. Found one in Fairfax, VA for $31K. Trying to talk a closer dealer down into that price range. I figure it wouldn't cost me all that much to have it shipped to me.

The Price of the Tech Package Is $400.00 Less On A 2020 SV plus Compared to a 2019 SV Plus tech package
You Make get a Better deal on A 2020 Because it Has A higher Residual value On A Lease
The residual on 2019 Leaf Models Dropped in January Costing it to more borrow Money To Lease
i went Through all this Myself I wanted Togo From A 2019 Leaf S Plus to A 2019 SV Plus
With tech Package And Winter Package And found out a lot The Cars are Basically the same the
2020 has the 360 All around and a couple of extra Safety Features there about the same Price
In all my searching around with many dealerships in a 5 state area go to the Nissan inventory
Page and you can find all the leafs in your area in different models and options within you Zip code
or you can extend it out to a 1500 mile range if you want it works well thats how i found my last
3 leafs

radiotron said:
The Price of the Tech Package Is $400.00 Less On A 2020 SV plus Compared to a 2019 SV Plus tech package
You Make get a Better deal on A 2020 Because it Has A higher Residual value On A Lease
The residual on 2019 Leaf Models Dropped in January Costing it to more borrow Money To Lease
i went Through all this Myself I wanted Togo From A 2019 Leaf S Plus to A 2019 SV Plus
With tech Package And Winter Package And found out a lot The Cars are Basically the same the
2020 has the 360 All around and a couple of extra Safety Features there about the same Price
In all my searching around with many dealerships in a 5 state area go to the Nissan inventory
Page and you can find all the leafs in your area in different models and options within you Zip code
or you can extend it out to a 1500 mile range if you want it works well thats how i found my last
3 leafs

A lease doesn't work for me. My 2016 has 55K on it, and it sat in the driveway for 4 months this fall while I was recovering from a motorcycle v. drunk SUV engagement. A paltry 12k a year is laughable mileage. For me, it's what's the difference, and is it worth $3k? In any case, I'm getting a blue 2019 SL Plus delivered in the morning.

countryleaf said:
I believe the 2020 also has tilt and TELESCOPING steering wheel (our 2019 only tilts).

I remember there being some question about whether they actually have the telescoping wheel, or if there is a mistake in the brochure. Do you know firsthand or by reliable account that it has this? I may be moving to a 2020 SV+, so I'm interested.

LeftieBiker said:
countryleaf said:
I believe the 2020 also has tilt and TELESCOPING steering wheel (our 2019 only tilts).

I remember there being some question about whether they actually have the telescoping wheel, or if there is a mistake in the brochure. Do you know firsthand or by reliable account that it has this? I may be moving to a 2020 SV+, so I'm interested.

Sorry, no first-hand knowledge of this. Saw it somewhere when the 2020's first came out. It still shows up on the Nissan site under Specs and Prices. "Tilt and telescoping steering column" for the S and the SL-Plus, I didn't look at all levels, just those two.

Back