Nissan leaf software update S 2018+

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coloradoman

Has anyone been able to get a software update on the 2018 S models? The ones without the wifi connection? My bluetooth was acting weird a few times now and was wondering if there are any software updates to fix it or just any updates in general?

I too have had Bluetooth issues with my 2018 S model. I asked about software updates about two years ago and was told there were none available at the time. I also have occasional issues with the backup camera display going out (there's still the overlay of the distance bars, just a black picture beneath), but a restart of the car usually brings the camera transmission and Bluetooth function back.

TiredLeafer41 said:
I also have occasional issues with the backup camera display going out (there's still the overlay of the distance bars, just a black picture beneath), but a restart of the car usually brings the camera transmission and Bluetooth function back.

My 2018 S has had backup camera issues since it was new. Occasionally, it is black. I get out, open the rear hatch and slam it closed. Then the camera always works.

Cars has been recalled for non-working or flaky backup cameras ever since they became mandated. Google for cars recalled backup cameras for many examples.

Try to get it fixed first. If they won't or can't, file a safety complaint w/NHTSA. See https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/consumer-alert-nhtsa-encourages-you-report-your-vehicles-safety-issues.

An intermittent electronic problem is difficult to fix. I took the car in to have it "fixed" the first year I owned it. I suspect all they did was slam the rear hatch closed. I should say the cause of the problem is difficult to find.

Rather than an electronic problem, it sounds more likely that it's a grounding problem. Another possibility is that the connector for the camera has some corrosion in it. Pulling it apart and cleaning up the contacts with spray cleaner might just resolve the problem - or not :lol:

Worth a shot though.

Back