- I drive very rarely. Around 2 - 8 days per month, between 8km (5 miles) to 25km (15 miles) per day. Definitely not more than 80km (50 miles) per month in total.
- Once in a while (maybe once every 3 months) I take a 40km (25 miles) ride. For anything longer, I would rather take an Uber.
- The climate around here is hot and somewhat similar to that of Florida, (I will also have to use air conditioning all the time).
- I live in a city. The area is pretty flat (no hills or anything). But there is usually a moderate traffic.
- I'm thinking of buying a used 2014 or 2015 nissan leaf. And I'm looking at the 6 bar ones with around 70km range which are available at cheap price. (I do not plan to change the battery, for now)
1) Would this be a good choice for my needs?
2) I read that infrequent use and hot climate contribute to fast battery degradation. So if I buy the car that I described above, how long will I be able to keep it with my usage before I will have to change the battery? (i.e. how long will it take for the range to drop down to 40km / 25 miles) ?
3) It seems that 2015 ones come with a lizard battery. But they are considerably expensive compared to 2014 ones. Considering my weirdly infrequent usage, would one with a lizard battery be of much of an advantage for me?
4) Any other advice or suggestions?
Disclosure: I posted this question to reddit, and I was told to ask on this forum.