Lyriq

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to look up what it was... thought it was some new stealth-mode EV startup. And then...ahhh rang some bells: Cadillac! I thought I'd heard the two words in passing but knew nothing about it.

What ever happened to linking?

https://www.cadillac.com/showcar/ly...9lQJisT5yTmurFSybXBoCqtsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

my23-lyriq-exterior-api-9545-sm.jpg

It was subtly dropped that the dual motor was an upgrade. So 75k only gets you the rwd version.

Audi just dropped their price for eTron, so might guess this car needs to get cheaper before being released.

Let's see how the youtube car review pundits tear it up with the car.

DougWantsALeaf said:
It was subtly dropped that the dual motor was an upgrade. So 75k only gets you the rwd version.

Audi just dropped their price for eTron, so might guess this car needs to get cheaper before being released.

Let's see how the youtube car review pundits tear it up with the car.
I'd just buy 2 model 3's or a model Y with $25K left over.

And that was my rationale for the 2 Leaf Pluses we own. Together they cost about as much as 1 Model Y or Model 3 LR (About 54K together, so a little more than the current LR M3 before any upgrades). And from what I can see, the 250 miles of highway range (S+) is not that far off what most LR M3 owners report to get on the highway (Many do do better, just having a bit of fun).

An 80,000 ish 2WD car with 300 miles of range and 150 KW fast charging in 2023. I suspect it’s directed at the model S market. I don’t know. Looks busy inside. It’s ok. Meh. At that price point it should at least match Tesla’s model S 250 kw charge rate.

Jmho

The styling, and especially the interior, are designed to evoke the GM/Cadillac cars of the early to mid Sixties. The SUV configuration is a sop to drug dealers and trophy moms.

webeleafowners said:
At that price point it should at least match Tesla’s model S 250 kw charge rate.
And 400 mile range.
And the cost of the Model S whenever that future vehicle hits the market.

Design choices aside, GM is competing against EV specs and prices from 5 - 7 years earlier. That is a huge gap in the EV world

SageBrush said:
webeleafowners said:
At that price point it should at least match Tesla’s model S 250 kw charge rate.
And 400 mile range.
And the cost of the Model S whenever that future vehicle hits the market.

Design choices aside, GM is competing against EV specs and prices from 5 - 7 years earlier. That is a huge gap in the EV world

I think they’ll still sell some. It’s huge, overdone, bulky...and exactly what some are looking for in the brand.

Jmho.

I did kind of like the throw back interior. The car (next to the designer)oozed very short though.

300 miles is fine, as long as its "Taycan" miles, meaning worst case scenario. Tesla ranges tend to be best case scenarios.

150kW is likely also ok, its a big step up from the Bolt's 55kW charging. If its a flat curve like eTron, their audience won't care.

DougWantsALeaf said:
anyone else watching the launch? Thoughts on the car? To me it looks kind of short. I think the Leaf might be taller.

Heard about it but considering the source, I figured it would be more on comfort than substance and that is generally not what i am willing to pay for. Consider me an "S Plus" man! ;)

Dave,

It was your S+ blog that convinced me that the S+ was out minivan replacement. The range difference with the S+ is very noticeable. I can essentially drive 10mph faster for the same efficiency. Battery stays cooler a power draw is less. The SV+ is really a 220 mile range car on the highway. S+ is more like 250.

With 2 driving aged kids (they still don't understand why i like to sit in back when they drive :) ), its helpful to have cars that don't require trips to the gas station to boot.

I hope the Lyric does we, but curious as to the size of market the car will have at launch. 2022 is kind of late to the party though.

webeleafowners said:
I think they’ll still sell some. It’s huge, overdone, bulky...and exactly what some are looking for in the brand.

Exactly. IMHO, a lot of the discussion here is about on par with the relative merits of timing belts vs timing chains on an ICE vehicle, in short, much too detailed for the average car buyer. I'd bet most sales strategies aren't based on technical specs and performance but more 'touchy/feely' approaches.

LeftieBiker said:
The SUV configuration is a sop to drug dealers and trophy moms.
:lol:

Back