Leaf Vs. Volt Maintenance

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electryic

Is the gas generator aspect of the VOLT something that will require the maintenance of a regular car? Or is it more like the Leaf with all electric drive train etc that requires very little to no maintenance?

Thanks again!

The Volt has all the maintenance items as a regular ICE car plus the small number of maintenance items of a EV car. Still, as you'll probably be driving it a lot on EV only, you'll have fewer hours on the ICE and related items(exhaust system, fuel system, etc) which should lower your ICE maintenance items but it won't get rid of them totally even if you try and use EV all the time. That said our next vehicle is going to be a PHEV like the Volt, a RAV4 plug-in, which has a little less EV range than the Volt but I believe slightly better ICE MPG, clocking in just shy of 40(39mpg). In my state and where we go there are few options for charging on the go so were currently keeping our aging Prius along with our Leaf for most in-town driving. Were hoping once we get the Rav4 Prime we'll be able to get rid of the Prius and maybe even one or both of our Leafs, time will tell. For us the Volt while an excellent idea on paper and very clever, was just too darn small and cramped, it made our Prius seem like a full-sized car :lol:

I think there's an oil life display and you can go up to 2 years between oil changes.

If you're considering a Volt, look at a new Prius Prime since there's a lot of rebates available. $0-$5000 Toyota rebate depending on what state you're buying from, up to $5000 dealer discount, college and Uber rebates if you qualify. Some state rebates are available as well. Up to $4502 in federal tax credit if you have the tax liability. People have been paying around $15k after all said and done.

If you're in CA, there's a $1000 Clean Vehicle Rebate that expires April 6th so I think tomorrow is the last day to buy and submit rebate.

https://priuschat.com/threads/prius-prime-official-prices-paid-thread.174763/page-218#post-3137029

Back