USED Prices Going UP on LEAF's (and all used cars)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcjetpilot

My 2015 SV asking price is more than I paid for it 3.5 years ago. Mine is clean, low miles and has all the goodies, LED headlights, CHAdeMo Fast DC charge, Hybrid Heater, NAV, Backup camera... etc. I might sell mine while they are hot. Did anyone notice this?

All used cars have gone up since post "panorama". This is good news if you own a LEAF or any used car and want to sell it. If you are buying anything inflation really sucks.

LeftieBiker said:
Not all used cars are worth more now. It's primarily late model used cars that are worth more.
Stick with LEAF's the topic. I did my research. Prices for used LEAF's (even older ones like mine) are UP.... My 2015 SV I bought for $11000, 12 bars, 28K miles.. I see S models with 50K miles going for $12000. The cheapest 2015 I found was a basic S model for $9,800.

I checked prices less than two years ago, pre "panorama" days and prices were lower than today... That is my point. This is good news since I have been thinking of selling my MINT pristine adult owned only driven on Sundays Leaf SV.... :D

I have owned my LEAF for 3.5 years. If I could sell it for say $9.5K (which seems likely) that would be pretty descent depreciation of about $500 a year.... unlike most EV's that are $5000 to $10000 a year depreciation.

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/06/19/tesla-is-at-apex-of-used-electric-vehicle-market/

Leafs are the Rodney Dangerfields of EVs

i made a decent trade on my most recent 2019 sv+

picked up 2021.

I do like the new USB ports in the 2021 tech package. USB c, usb A, and two usb A in the rear.

previous generations only seemed to have one port. it was very frustrating

RFLeafRunner said:
i made a decent trade on my most recent 2019 sv+

picked up 2021.

I do like the new USB ports in the 2021 tech package. USB c, usb A, and two usb A in the rear.

previous generations only seemed to have one port. it was very frustrating
Did you have any packages on your 19 SV+? How many miles and how much did you get for trade in?

The Mazda CX-5 that a I drove in between my old Leaf and my new Leaf has increased in value by about 50% over the past year.

I wanted a 2020 Plus SV or SL and there just aren't that many available. SVs without the tech package are going for well over $30k and SLs over $32k. When I saw an SV with the tech package for $28k, I jumped on it.

Flyct said:
The used price increase is greater with trucks. Carvana offered me $37,313 for my 2019 F-150 that I bought for $26,800 out the door 20 months ago. I have an appt drop it off to them at 2:30 pm and pick up a check tomorrow.

Had something similar - my '13 VW Touareg went from $9K pre-pandemic to $17,403 now - Carvana offered to pick it up which was super convenient - completed the deal July 1st - that was our last ICE. Some news outlets show that overall used car prices actually dipped 1.5% in June but very dependent on make/model. Trucks and SUV's in general are still high. Great if you need to sell, not so much if you're buying of course. Nice to have these on-line options whether a used LEAF or other EV's; especially those were it may be a major adventure to get the car cross-country due to range and charging station limitations.

Back