For leafers planning on travelling in BC. A bunch more Chademo CCS stations planned.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi yall. In the last three days two different organization have announced major charging infrastructure plans for the province.

Parkland Canada (nothing to do with parks Canada) which operates a chain of restaurants, convenience stores and restaurants are opening 25 locations with a total of 100 chargers. Dual handle Chademo/CCS. “Up to 150 KW”.

The other one is a consortium of federal, provincial and one of the provincial utilities (private) that will install 22 more Chademo/CCS stations, some at existing sites and other new ones. Primarily in the southern interior.

BC hydro ( main public utility owned by the people) has more planned as well but they haven’t given details. They seem to be concentrating on the northern routes this year. Lots under construction. Unfortunately many of theirs seem to be 50 kw stations but that’s probably because many are in fairly isolated areas.

Anyway. For those of you hoping to Leaf your way up here and visit us after COVID is over we’ll hopefully have a place for you to charge.

But the border is still closed, isn't it?
Last I heard Canada was "hoping" for late July to open the border :( They better open it by September as we don't want to miss our Canadian fix another year! From what I understand this is a Canadian thing and not US, that is a Canadian could get to the US but no one is really allowed to travel to Canada for pleasure, well without a 2-week quarantine, which wouldn't work too well for someone wanting to spend a week in Canada!
Come on Canada, lots of people want to come up to Canada to spend their money...
Unfortunately, I've never seen a charging station in Ontario, maybe in Southern ON but not in the North(TB and north) area so expensive Canadian petrol is our only choice :( Well with our 500+ mile Prius we really only need to purchase 6 or so gallons, 22 Liters, so we fill it to the brim at the border and come back on fumes to the border.

jjeff said:
But the border is still closed, isn't it?
Last I heard Canada was "hoping" for late July to open the border :( They better open it by September as we don't want to miss our Canadian fix another year! From what I understand this is a Canadian thing and not US, that is a Canadian could get to the US but no one is really allowed to travel to Canada for pleasure, well without a 2-week quarantine, which wouldn't work too well for someone wanting to spend a week in Canada!
Come on Canada, lots of people want to come up to Canada to spend their money...
Unfortunately, I've never seen a charging station in Ontario, maybe in Southern ON but not in the North(TB and north) area so expensive Canadian petrol is our only choice :( Well with our 500+ mile Prius we really only need to purchase 6 or so gallons, 22 Liters, so we fill it to the brim at the border and come back on fumes to the border.

Yep. Border still closed In both directions to land travel and so far most of us are supporting that. But we also want to see it open. Just not too early. Canada has been spared the high mortality rates seen by the US and many of us are willing to wait another 6 or 8 weeks to keep it that way. It will happen. But then yes we are looking forward to a trip down the west coast starting in Victoria.

Any way, most of these new sites won’t be on line till this time next year. But for those of you wanting to leaf your way up here to visit us you will find that even the secondary and tertiary routes have good Chademo coverage.

Cheers all. Stay safe and healthy.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Let's hope the reopening in late July sticks. It sounds like Camada vaccination rates are going up very quickly now when talking to my team there.

Yepir. Right now on a national basis we are around 68 percent who have had the first shot and 24 percent who have had the second. By mid July we should be around that 75 and 40 point. The first shot numbers are slowing down as the amount remaining of eligible (age, health etc) is starting to get thin. My wife and I get our second shot next week. We are mid-late 50’s).

Back