Lease maintenance in general, tire rotation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillmj24

This is my first lease, and been hitting "OK" to the 1st tire rotation notice for about a month now. What is contractually required with a lease, must every tire rotation be done at the Nissan dealer? Etc. Thanks!

I'm worried about wheels being scuffed. My 6 year old pathfinder has the finish at the lug nuts worn off after so many tire changes and rotations. I'd take before and after pics nd now that I think about it, just let dealer do it.

gillmj24 said:
I'm worried about wheels being scuffed. My 6 year old pathfinder has the finish at the lug nuts worn off after so many tire changes and rotations. I'd take before and after pics nd now that I think about it, just let dealer do it.

My bigger worry is the insane over-tightening I've had at the hands of garage mechanics. After having to replace a few hub bolts I tend to do tire rotations myself; that way I can use a real torque wrench and tighten to proper specification. And taking more care to not scuff things, I'm sure. And gives you a good chance to inspect the wheels/brakes/suspension, etc... Just put the proper entry in the maintenance log.

gillmj24 said:
This is my first lease, and been hitting "OK" to the 1st tire rotation notice for about a month now. What is contractually required with a lease, must every tire rotation be done at the Nissan dealer? Etc. Thanks!

Basically you will see one of 3 things;

Tires worn and need replacing

All tires worn evenly and has usable tread. No charge

2 tires worn and need replacing (which happens when you don't rotate) Charge for two tires.

You may not be able to avoid the first one but rotate regularly like every 5,000 miles (less if its ALL in town driving) and you might avoid paying for any of them.

Or lease another Nissan and use the $500 waiver to cover the tires. ;)

Back