For the BCers and those visiting us in BC. More BC Hydro Chademo and CCS on the way.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi Folks. BC hydro is one of our charge chain vendors in BC (andalso our provincial tax payer owned utility). They just sent us this. Whats nice about this is they are closing the loop on a lot of the more isolated routes up the north west coast into the interiour. By 2025 this should probably put us north of 1200 DC fast chargers including about 400 Tesla stations. My educated guess would be around a total of 400 plus unique locations. All DC fast chargers. FLO is another company that seems to be expanding fast. They have teamed up with Tesla and are co-developing sites with typically 25 percent Chademo/CCS and 75 percent Superchargers. We just got one in our little town with 12 superchargers and 4 Chademo/CCS. Copy and paste below. Come visit us. We'll charge you up. :)

Hi John,

Plans to expand
As part of our newly released Electrification Plan, we're expanding our EV charging network to 325 DC fast chargers across 145 sites by the end of 2025. This expansion will better enable EV travel across B.C., tripling the current number of BC Hydro fast chargers and doubling the number of unique sites in the province.

Our latest network updates
This fall we're focusing on adding stations along the Highway 16 corridor between Prince George and Prince Rupert, plus other upgrades across the network.

Recently completed:

New station in downtown Victoria
Upcoming new stations:

Houston
Smithers
Fraser Lake
Lillooet
McLeod Lake
New Hazelton
Agassiz
Upcoming station upgrades:

Station relocation and expansion in Vernon
New snow shelter for the fast chargers in Britton Creek. This project is in partnership with the B.C. Ministry of Transportation.

Very interesting -- thanks for sharing.

Am I reading right, about two concurrent cars charging per location ?

SageBrush said:

Sorry sagebrush. I don’t get your meaning re two concurrent cars. Presently there are lots of single CHADEMO/CCS sites including one in our town. It is being twinned (along with a bunch of others) meaning adding a whole new charger.

webeleafowners said:
SageBrush said:

Sorry sagebrush. I don’t get your meaning re two concurrent cars. Presently there are lots of single CHADEMO/CCS sites including one in our town. It is being twinned (along with a bunch of others) meaning adding a whole new charger.

I was wondering how many cars can charge at the same time at one location.

I wasn't sure about the concurrent question either but there are a few DC FCs that let both handles be in use at once.

Look under "Can two vehicles charge at the same time using CHAdeMO and CCS?" at https://www.evgo.com/ev-drivers/faq/. The Delta chargers at https://www.plugshare.com/location/309517 in the US allow that.

SageBrush said:
webeleafowners said:
SageBrush said:

I was wondering how many cars can charge at the same time at one location.

Oh Ok. So in my experience we have never seen a station where both can be charged at once. Keeping in mind that we use primarily Superchargers although we have used couple FLO stations and a BC Hydro station in the last couple months. The wording was a little weird though.

Re BC Hydro, they have been smaller players until about the last year. I think they have been given walking orders by the provincial government to change that. They and FLO seem to be in a race now to be dominant players in the market. It will be interesting to see who tackles the Stewart Casiar highway (highway 37) to the Yukon and Alaska as well as the ALCAN highway. BC Hydro has a little bit of a different approach as there locations are more based on safety than expected use. These are isolated routes in winter and there needs to be a lot of closely spaced (50 km apart) chargers to insure safety. Some of these routes only have single phase power and sadly 25 KW DCFC is the charger they are using. Better than nothing. I have heard rumours the plan is to have 100 to 150 kw sites every 3rd or 4th site but don't know if that's just wishful thinking. Kudos to the province though. Here is a pic of one of those sites.

51121797961_c84085147f_c.jpg

Back