Nissan Emergency Assistance #

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWBD

What's the number to call if you get stranded? We forgot to charge the car overnight, and I'm worried my wife won't be able to make it home from work on the remaining tank. I know there is a roadside assistance #, and perhaps even a special number for us Los Angeles early adopters. Anyone have it handy?

planet4ever said:
Where did that Roadside Assistance number come from? The Warranty Booklet says to call 877-NO GAS EV for roadside assistance. Is that not correct?

Ray
The 877-NO GAS EV number is their main number, they give you a menu and you press a key for roadside assistance. I know because I had to use it once when I ran out of charge. I guess the other number must be the direct line...

planet4ever said:
DarkStar said:
Nissan LEAF Customer Support: 1-877-664-2738 (1-877-NO-GAS-EV)
Nissan LEAF Roadside Assistance: 1-800-801-6161
Where did that Roadside Assistance number come from? The Warranty Booklet says to call 877-NO GAS EV for roadside assistance. Is that not correct?
I got the roadside assistance number from the Nissan LEAF Android application.

If you're in So Cal - the Automobile Club of So Cal is rolling out tow trucks with L2 charge capability. The deal is, they'll just charge you enough to get you down the road to a normal charger ... 5 or 10 miles ... depending. IOW, they're not going to hang around to juice you up 1/2 way. So if you're still too far away - you default back to some other plan .. ie - you're at your own peril. AAA is also rolling out EV's to deliver gas to ICE cars. (I call these two AAA services the, "We're trying to guarantee we're still relevant somewhere down the road when carbon supplies dry up" :D )

hill said:
If you're in So Cal - the Automobile Club of So Cal is rolling out tow trucks with L2 charge capability. The deal is, they'll just charge you enough to get you down the road to a normal charger ... 5 or 10 miles ... depending. IOW, they're not going to hang around to juice you up 1/2 way. So if you're still too far away - you default back to some other plan .. ie - you're at your own peril. AAA is also rolling out EV's to deliver gas to ICE cars. (I call these two AAA services the, "We're trying to guarantee we're still relevant somewhere down the road when carbon supplies dry up" :D )

Los Angeles AAA to provide level-3 roadside charging, according to the company. AAA now can assist members whose all-electric vehicles have run out of “fuel” with a fast level-3 charge at the roadside rather than towing them to a charging facility. On average, a 15-minute level-3 charge will allow an all-electric vehicle to go about 10 miles, according to the company.

Battery transfer would seem more likely than a generator for level 3 ? Those 50 kW generators are still quite hefty. I suppose it could be modified to use the gas tank and generate DC instead of ac and then convert to DC

http://www.norwall.com/products/Generac-Protector-Series-50kW-Automatic-Standby-Diesel-Generator-RD05034?gclid=CJLctOromcACFcRzMgodsnUAoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vsaphill said:
hill said:

Los Angeles AAA to provide level-3 roadside charging, according to the company. AAA now can assist members whose all-electric vehicles have run out of “fuel” with a fast level-3 charge at the roadside rather than towing them to a charging facility. On average, a 15-minute level-3 charge will allow an all-electric vehicle to go about 10 miles, according to the company.

anyone know if there is an option for the road side assistance to take you home instead of to the nissan dealership? I would not even mind paying a nominal fee to upgrade this if possible.

kilimats said:
is this assistance free for second owner that bought from private third party seller?
It is on my 2012 for the duration of the roadside assistance plan:
Roadside Assistance is provided for all Nissan LEAF vehicles from the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail buyer or otherwise put into use, whichever is earlier, for a period of 36 months/unlimited mileage.

Roadside Assistance is available to anyone operating the Nissan LEAF vehicle with the authorization of the owner. (For purpose of Roadside Assistance benefits, “owner” includes the lessee of a leased vehicle.) These services are transferable with the resale of the vehicle for the time remaining on the original Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period. Roadside Assistance is available throughout the lower 48 States and Hawaii.

Back