Nissan Leaf 2011: 6th Month Service, $19.95 at Fremont, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblo

The dealer is called Premiere Imports in Fremont, CA.
I had mine done last Saturday. For the price, they rotated the tires, inflate the tires,
checked under the hood, under carriage and a car wash.

The customer lounge area is very nice, spacious and with free coffee. There is bay window
that you can see through watching about 6 mechanics working varioius type of Nissan cars.

Overall a very pleasant experience.
dav, white Leaf, loaded.

http://www.4evriders.org/category/ev/nissan-leaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for daily Leaf news.

dblo said:
I had mine done last Saturday. For the price, they rotated the tires, inflate the tires, checked under the hood, under carriage and a car wash.

You have 7500 miles on your LEAF in 6 months? Wow! I bet you bought then instead of leasing. I don't plan on taking mine in for tire rotations when I can have it done for free, but I know it's going to be more than six months. The only visit to the dealer for me will be the first two yearly battery pack checks.
That's the lowest price other than free so far though for those services.

They would not even wipe of you windshield in Norway for 19,95.. :?
But you could get a cup of coffee.

A quick check with Costco and they will rotate factory tires for $16 and reset the wireless pressure monitors too. For that price, it's not worth getting my hands dirty. I will be doing the 7500 mile rotation in the next month or so.

LEAFfan said:
dblo said:
I had mine done last Saturday. For the price, they rotated the tires, inflate the tires, checked under the hood, under carriage and a car wash.

You have 7500 miles on your LEAF in 6 months? Wow! I bet you bought then instead of leasing. I don't plan on taking mine in for tire rotations when I can have it done for free, but I know it's going to be more than six months. The only visit to the dealer for me will be the first two yearly battery pack checks.
That's the lowest price other than free so far though for those services.

Leaffan, My car has almost 12,000 in 6 months. I have noticed my miles dropping and called Nissan Corporate (Mark P) he is sending his Nissan engineer Gary flying out to look at my car. He said they had not looked at a car with my miles yet and want to data mine it to see if there is something wrong.

Really? I didn't believe that they would service any tires that they had not sold... Perhaps their policy has changed... If true, that is definitely where I would go.

c1987 said:
A quick check with Costco and they will rotate factory tires for $16 and reset the wireless pressure monitors too. For that price, it's not worth getting my hands dirty. I will be doing the 7500 mile rotation in the next month or so.

My 6 months service was $89 :shock: But they did let me sit around for 2 hours for free :lol:

I stopped by Costco in Northridge today and they absolutely do NO rotate tires that were not purchased from them. This per corporate decree due to "liability."

TomT said:
Really? I didn't believe that they would service any tires that they had not sold... Perhaps their policy has changed... If true, that is definitely where I would go.
c1987 said:

TomT said:
That is good since there is no required 6 month service for the Leaf...

cyellen said:
My six month service was at the dealer...cost me nothing...

Well, the first tire rotation and some inspections are listed for 6 months, 7.500 miles. I have six and a half months and 6,000 miles on mine, so I'll probably call the dealer next week and see whether I can get a complimentary first visit.

Thoughts about the following listed inspections being beneficial/required to keep warranty valid at 6 months?:
- Axle and suspension
- Brake pads and rotors
- Drive shaft boots
- front suspension ball joints
- steering gear and linkage
- steering linkage ball joints

Unless you are operating it under severe conditions, you follow schedule 2. This lists nothing but a tire rotation until 15,000 miles and the annual battery inspection report.

Boomer23 said:
TomT said:
That is good since there is no required 6 month service for the Leaf...
cyellen said:
My six month service was at the dealer...cost me nothing...
Well, the first tire rotation and some inspections are listed for 6 months, 7.500 miles. I have six and a half months and 6,000 miles on mine, so I'll probably call the dealer next week and see whether I can get a complimentary first visit.
Thoughts about the following listed inspections being beneficial/required to keep warranty valid at 6 months?:
- Axle and suspension
- Brake pads and rotors
- Drive shaft boots
- front suspension ball joints
- steering gear and linkage
- steering linkage ball joints

TomT said:
Unless you are operating it under severe conditions, you follow schedule 2. This lists nothing but a tire rotation until 15,000 miles and the annual battery inspection report.
I just noticed that too. The dealer will be bummed when I don't get the brake fluid replacement! :D

I also recently did the 6-month service, COMPLETELY COMPLEMENTARY. Great service from Pinnacle Nissan. They also did a great car wash after the 26-Point inspection. I only have 3,000 miles, so I did not rotate the tires. I did get several notifications from Nissan that my 6 month service was upcoming, was due and was past due.

BTW - They also did the recall software upgrade (even though Reardon Nissan assured me TWICE that it had already been done). Pinnacle Nissan confirmed that it HAD NOT BEEN DONE.

Got complimentary 7.5K "service" (tire rotation) at Serramonte Nissan about a Month ago. Free internet but no carwash (not that time).

I think I saw somewhere that the 15K, 30K and 45K battery inspections were complimentary. Is this correct? Since we're providing Nissan data about their large scale battery experiement it seems fair to me.

SilverLeaf said:
I also recently did the 6-month service

You took it in because you are using Schedule I, adverse conditions? I'm going to use Schedule II which is once a year except for tire rotations which I will have done free elsewhere. I haven't driven in any dust storms as of yet. :mrgreen:

ericsf said:
I think I saw somewhere that the 15K, 30K and 45K battery inspections were complimentary. Is this correct? Since we're providing Nissan data about their large scale battery experiement it seems fair to me.
I believe only the first two are complimentary.

Just had 6-month service done at Mossy Nissan in Oceanside. Basically $19.95 for the tire rotation and a complimentary multi-point inspection. Carlos the service advisor joked that i was a little low on gas so they topped off the tank for me. Oh, and they washed the car, too.

So, why bother with the 6-month service? Just being cautious, and 20 bucks is not too outrageous for an ounce of prevention...

Most of my driving is on city streets, and I'm averaging about 600 miles per month. At only 3500 miles, I am low on mileage for a tire rotation, but after reading about abnormal tire wear problems elsewhere on this forum, figured an early rotation wouldn't hurt. And given that this is a brand new model, I really didn't want a whole year to go by without the dealer giving our Leaf a once-over.

Happy to report that our Leaf got a clean bill of health. If only our Blink EVSE could be so trouble free.

Back