What can you fit in the back of the Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryjpowell

Is this the largest thing you can fit, well carry in a leaf?

DSC_0212.JPG

We'll it was Christmas and the empty box needed to get out of the garage!

I did have 450 pounds of concrete AND two 4"x4" by 10 feet pressure treated posts. The car handled fine with the hatchback open.

Here's a 2"x10" by 8 feet wood board:

ebae2e71.jpg

c6a9dedf.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
I did have 450 pounds of concrete AND two 4"x4" by 10 feet pressure treated posts. The car handled fine with the hatchback open.
Hmmm ... may be FFE will drive well too ;)

Here are some of the things we've loaded into the LEAF:
- My 56cm road bike, with both quick-release wheels removed, fits inside the "trunk" with space remaining, as long as the cargo cover is off.
- With both seats folded down and the hatchback open, we transported a disassembled 36x39x72" sauna.
- A few hundred pounds of river rocks for landscaping purposes.
- Lots of camping gear.

I recently bought ceramic tile for my kitchen and bathrooms. Total of 8 boxes of tile (12 each), 100lbs of thinset, some pounds of grout, various other things and it added up to about 700+ pounds. This all fit without folding down the rear seats too. The torque handled it with ease, but I could tell a difference in the handling.

Today I hauled a 42" LCD TV with the 'foot' stand attached. Not one of the new paper thin ones, but a bulky 4+ year old 80-90 pound one. The kicker? I didn't put either of the seats down. Fit will less than an inch to spare, though I couldn't see out the back.

tgrich said:
up to about 700+ pounds. This all fit without folding down the rear seats too. The torque handled it with ease, but I could tell a difference in the handling.

I think you're going to have the weight record for awhile !

I put in some stucco edging material in 10 foot lengths on top off the dash. It fit with the hatchback closed.

TonyWilliams said:
tgrich said:
up to about 700+ pounds. This all fit without folding down the rear seats too. The torque handled it with ease, but I could tell a difference in the handling.

I think you're going to have the weight record for awhile !

I put in some stucco edging material in 10 foot lengths on top off the dash. It fit with the hatchback closed.
I also fit 10 foot lengths of PVC piping with the hatchback closed.

Maybe we need another thread for what you can fit in the glove-box/center console. They are ridiculously small compared to my wife's Prius. I can't even fit my Glock 19 in the center console!

Sorry to resurrect, but I love these kinds of posts and am late to the party.

Going to the Pickin' in the Pines festival always requires some creative packing. The purpose of the photo was to help me remember how to put everything back in.

On the left is a tall-frame mountain bike with the wheels and seat post removed, with the frame bungeed to the ceiling handle.

In front of the resophonic guitar on the right is a 1/2-size (not much smaller than the standard 3/4-size) acoustic upright bass on the flattened passenger seat.

Under the trunk mat is a temp spare from an '08 Maxima, a Harbor Freight scissor jack and lug wrench, and a tool bag.

Pardon the horrid image quality.

I love hatchbacks!

71298216_10156139806581148_4059640664848072704_o.jpg

my 2 favorites are:

1. We put a ping pong table from Target in the back with seats down (table was in 4 quarter size pieces. It just barely fit through the opening.

2. a 6' long buffet table (no not the kind that folds in half) . With seats down and front seats moved up a bit, it fit with tail closed.

Who needs a van.

Back