Page 4 of 9

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:52 am
by Brightonuk
Hey PatricioEV nice find! Can you reach the harness through the hole? How did you get to it?

I wrote to Nissan about this, It is not so much that they may have decided not to use the light but to leave that Chevy emblem hole is unbelievable.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:55 am
by TomT
Well, maybe they wanted people to think it was a Chevy Volt... :lol:

Seriously, if you are going to save 10 cents by eliminating the glove box light, at least spend 1 cent to put a cover in so it isn't as obvious what you have done!

This kind of thinking on Nissan's part is what perpetuates the expensive economy car stereotype... Apparently they have not learned anything from the comments by many over the last year...
Brightonuk wrote:I wrote to Nissan about this, It is not so much that they may have decided not to use the light but to leave that Chevy emblem hole is unbelievable.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:00 pm
by Herm
TomT wrote: This kind of thinking on Nissan's part is what perpetuates the expensive economy car stereotype... Apparently they have not learned anything from the comments by many over the last year...
Maybe it is an economy car with $15k worth of electric bits tacked on.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 pm
by TomT
Yes, as has been discussed before, in many regards it is exactly that: An economy car with an expensive electric drive train and battery...
Herm wrote:
TomT wrote:This kind of thinking on Nissan's part is what perpetuates the expensive economy car stereotype... Apparently they have not learned anything from the comments by many over the last year...
Maybe it is an economy car with $15k worth of electric bits tacked on.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 pm
by PatricioEV
Brightonuk wrote:Hey PatricioEV nice find! Can you reach the harness through the hole? How did you get to it?

I wrote to Nissan about this, It is not so much that they may have decided not to use the light but to leave that Chevy emblem hole is unbelievable.

The way it's taped up, you'd have to remove the glove box. It's only ten screws. Lower the door, release the black slide arm on the left hand side and pull straight out from the bottom. That'll release the door and give you the angle you need to slide the top arms out of the holes. Then remove all ten screws you see. There's a foot panel attached that you can pull down from the very back and the clips will release it, then just pull the compartment straight out. There are some clips so you have to yank. Don't worry, it's all designed to come apart! Right in the middle above the empty cavity, you should find a wrapped up loose harness and tiny connector. just unwrap and thread down through the "Chevy bow tie" hole in top of the glove compartment as you put it all back together in reverse order.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm
by Brightonuk
Do you know how the light was activated? I bet if we do go to the dealer they will need as much guidnce as possable

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:00 pm
by TomT
It comes on with the head/parking lights. Being LED, it doesn't pull much.
Brightonuk wrote:Do you know how the light was activated? I bet if we do go to the dealer they will need as much guidnce as possable

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 am
by rawhog
FYI. The light installs from the top. So, you will have to pull the glove box to install it when you .get it.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 pm
by Valdemar
TomT wrote:It comes on with the head/parking lights. Being LED, it doesn't pull much.
Is it confirmed to be LED? It radiates a noticeable amount of heat.

Re: Glove box Question

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:01 am
by DaveEV
Looks like the part # is "[24860M] SOCKET & BULB" or SKU 24860-ZE0001 and costs $15.18 at courtesynissan.com: http://www.courtesyparts.com/24860m-soc ... 45313.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't look like the same part is used on other cars, but at least if the picture is to be believed it appears to be a LED if it's similar to the one used on both the Versa and GTR.