2019 Nissan Leaf backup camera image is pink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedern

I have an intermittent issue where the backup camera image is solid pink.
It seems to happen mostly at night but I have seen it during the day as well.
Also seems to occur most often if I start the car and immediately put the car in reverse.

I went to a dealer last month and they updated the software which did seem to fix a few issues I had also seen.
And it seemed to have fixed the backup camera issue as well since I didn't see the issue for a few weeks.
But now the issue is back.
The dealer said they couldn't reproduce the issue which isn't surprising since it occurs mostly at night.

Anybody else seen this and possibly resolved the issue?

Never seen that and I also have a 2019 SV Plus. I pull forward into my garage and back out every time paying attention to not hit kids or dogs or something. Never an issue. I believe I would qualify as your immediatly put it into reverse scenario.

I have a 2019 SV plus. Backup camera was pink at times and or flickering. Dealer was able tonreproduce the issue by tapping on the camera. It was replaced under warranty.

Thanks for posting you had the same issue, how to reproduce and resolved under warranty.

I went out to my vehicle to see if I could reproduce in the same way.
And I was able to reproduce the issue plus make the issue go away by opening and closing the hatchback.
The backup camera image was solid pink.
Then I opened and closed the hatchback and the pink screen went back to normal.
I also tried to tap on the camera and that didn't seem to do anything.

I plan on making an appointment to show the dealer the issue.
Hopefully this will be covered by the 3 year, 36k mile warranty since I am now past the 1 year, 12k mile warranty.
Although the issue has been happening for quite some time, I didn't ask the dealer about fixing it til just past 1 year.

pedern said:
I plan on making an appointment to show the dealer the issue.
Hopefully this will be covered by the 3 year, 36k mile warranty since I am now past the 1 year, 12k mile warranty.
Although the issue has been happening for quite some time, I didn't ask the dealer about fixing it til just past 1 year.

Everything should be covered under that. Unless you show them a video of you taking a baseball bat to the camera, they might balk at that one. :mrgreen:

martijn970 said:
I have a 2019 SV plus. Backup camera was pink at times and or flickering. Dealer was able tonreproduce the issue by tapping on the camera. It was replaced under warranty.

So a direct camera issue, I'll keep a watch for this should it happen to mine, at least I'll know what to look for, thanks for the info!

Finally got back to the dealer to get this fixed.
Once I showed the dealer how to reproduce the issue, they found what they called an internal failure in the backup camera.
And replaced the camera under warranty at no cost.

This issue seemed to be resolved.
But I just noticed last night the backup camera came on in pink again.
Looks like another trip to the dealer.

I know this is a old thread, but I’ve been having this identical issue basically since I bought my 2019 leaf. I’ve made countless appointments to fix the issue, but of course the issue doesn’t replicate whenever I attempt to bring it to the dealership. They tell me that they have to charge for the electrical diagnosis if the issue doesn’t show when they examine the car. I’ve tried all the methods recommended here to duplicate the issue but had no luck. My dealership, as a courtesy to me, upgraded the software to see if it would correct the problem, but still having this issue.

I called Nissan after reading this thread and they told me that it’s not a reported issue nor is it a recall. They said by me calling in they now have a record of it and they’ll see what they can do.

Back