2019 Leaf radio reboots/bluetooth connection problems

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWilliamson

I bought my 2019 Leaf new June 2020. I use an Android Samsung Galaxy S10e. My car radio reboots off and on while driving and sometimes the systems drops my audio while using the car Bluetooth (I can hear the caller but they can no longer hear me). The radio reboot frequency has increased recently. Tacoma Nissan replaced my radio last Fall in hopes that would fix the problem and report that the Nissan engineers are working diligently on the problem :)roll: ) but so far the problem remains. We do not have this problem with our other cars, nor with previous hybrid cars. This is pretty frustrating. Anyone else having this problem?

I have the similar phone by Samsung and I have seen this happen 1 time (radio screen reboots, plays the animation, comes back up as normal) and never since. It happened while I was using Android Auto. I wasn't on the phone, but I noticed it because I was listening to the radio and radio just stopped and that got my attention to look.

I would suggest a little bit of controlled testing to better understand what is triggering the reboots. If the trigger can be identified the chance of resolving the problem increases.

Suggested Tests
  • Use another phone (If available) to see if the problem follows.
  • Close all the apps on your phone and start the car. Pick one of the apps you use while your phone is connected to the car and begin using it in the same way you would normally. Once you've done everything you normally do for that app move on to the next app. Keep going through the apps until you cause a reboot, or run out of apps.
  • Continue the previous test with apps you use less frequently.
  • With your phone connected and all normal apps running perform all your normal actions on the Infotainment screen. Things like navigation, placing/receiving calls, climate controls, voice controls, etc. Keep going until you've completed frequent actions.

When the system reboots, does the display in the instrument cluster (next to the speedometer) turn off, or does it stay on and function as normal?

Following up on what G3NG4R said above, if you are able to cause the problem by following those instructions, then do it again, and see if the reboot is repeatable. In my opinion, there's no point in going back to the dealer until you can reproduce the problem consistently.

Reboots always about ever 5 minutes with 2 different Samsung 21-5g and also now 23 plus with over 4,000 contacts with no app usage on phone. Does this in every (3-5) Nissan we've rented until the Altima last week.

Back