2017 Leaf Ze0 won't start or charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukasgo24

Hello all,

I am looking for help with my newly-bought Leaf 2017. I bought the car as non-drive and I am trying to repair it. I have codes P31CA and P31CB, and P315C, which indicate, that fast charging contactors are not working well. The car did not start, did not charge.

Following some indication given on German forum I managed to open the Power Delivery Module, measured the big Omron contactors, which were closed. I hit them with screwdriver a few times and they closed.

Now the car starts, but shows different codes. When I put in on D and try to drive it shows another errors and does not ride. Do you know what should I do next?

The codes after startup; B2890 P0A94, P3244.
The codes when I put it on D: P317A, P0A94, P3240, P3244, B27B3, B2722.

I then changed the PDM. After clearing the codes and starting the car, all of the error codes came back. As all of them are connected with improper voltage, I think that there may be an error with the HV battery :-( The only idea I have is that doe to many rapid charges, the contractors in PDM got stuck, leading to some uncontrolled energy flow in HV system, damaging P contractor in HV battery. That would explain why car starts --> (it uses the recharge contactor) and then gives an error (when the precharge capacitor discharges).

Someone indicated that there may be an error with the inventer - is it possible that is causes all the other errors? The car is throving error codes even if it is in "P". After swithing to 'D" and releasing break pedal, it gives another P3240 error. Do you think that as the next step I should change the inventor or first disassemble the battery and check for internal damage? Did anyone from you have problem that required disassembling the battery in 30kWh leaf?

EDIT 12v battery is brand new (OEM Nissan, bought 11.2020) and was charged overnight to full before any tests and repairs.

Best regards,
Lukasz

file.php

file.php

GXGoEVLo_IMG_0720.PNG

Back