EV Connect down? (April 2021)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobias

Since about April 25th, it seems the server of the NissanConnect EV app is down in Europe (I live in Belgium).
When I try to sign in, it says "User ID / Password invalid" - but I use the same credentials since 2018 and nearly always worked.
Interruptions happen every few months, but this one is taking very long.
Can anybody confirm that the NissanConnect EV app (for Android) does not work?
Otherwise I need to contact Nissan to ask if something is wrong for me personnaly.

Tobias said:
Since about April 25th, it seems the server of the NissanConnect EV app is down in Europe (I live in Belgium).
When I try to sign in, it says "User ID / Password invalid" - but I use the same credentials since 2018 and nearly always worked.
Interruptions happen every few months, but this one is taking very long.
Can anybody confirm that the NissanConnect EV app (for Android) does not work?
Otherwise I need to contact Nissan to ask if something is wrong for me personnaly.

I just used it last night, but I just tried again this morning (within minutes of posting this) and as far as I can tell.... it is still working.

I really think it's down; in fact, lately I think its been down more than up. :evil:
It was working a couple days ago...but before and after that (like now), I get the "can't contact vehicle" message.

Stanton said:
I really think it's down; in fact, lately I think its been down more than up. :evil:
It was working a couple days ago...but before and after that (like now), I get the "can't contact vehicle" message.

Using the 3G radio in the Gen 1 Leaf? I think I have to agree, I have relatives still driving the Gen1 (with upgraded 3G radio) and they have reported the same, seems to be down all the time. Haven't had time to figure out if it was the vehicle or the web service with some testing on theirs. For mine (Gen 2), seems to work all the time without any hiccups.

Now that I'm convinced Nissan won't be offering a 3G->4G modem upgrade for the Gen1 Leafs, I'm going to replace the whole TCU with an OVMS solution (as soon as a 4G version is available). It's probably a blessing in disguise as I'll get better performance (and a better interface) from the OVMS solution.

@Stanton, @knightmb - thanks for your reactions!
I read that you don't get a message about userID/password, and you probably are connecting to the US server, so it might be a different problem. I expect that in my 2018 Leaf, there is a Gen4 modem?

Tobias said:
@Stanton, @knightmb - thanks for your reactions!
I read that you don't get a message about userID/password, and you probably are connecting to the US server, so it might be a different problem. I expect that in my 2018 Leaf, there is a Gen4 modem?
I didn't even realize that you were in the EU, so all bets are off.
I believe you do connect to a different server, and I have no idea what kind of modem they install in the EU version of the car.
Oh...and the service is down again (in the US).

By the way, the problem is solved :D : I had to again register for the "connected services" on the You+Nissan website.

Thanks for your support and answers!

I'm going to investigate this issue this weekend for some relatives, seems all of them have Gen 1 Leaf and having the same issue, can't connect to service, app doesn't connect on phone, etc. I know they still have the 3G modems *and* 3G service is still working in their area. I'm guessing Nissan has changed something on the back-end that may require them to "re-register" the service, but won't know until I have to mess around with it or call their tech support for answers.

I just ordered a (WiFi only) version of the OVMS module, so I'm about ready to "pull the plug" on the Nissan TCU. I figure I can add the 4G modem later (when available), but at least I can "connect" in my garage for the time being...which is more than I have been able to do with EVConnect lately. :evil:

Stanton said:
I just ordered a (WiFi only) version of the OVMS module, so I'm about ready to "pull the plug" on the Nissan TCU. I figure I can add the 4G modem later (when available), but at least I can "connect" in my garage for the time being...which is more than I have been able to do with EVConnect lately. :evil:

Is this what you're talking about? https://www.openvehicles.com

Nubo said:
Stanton said:
Is this what you're talking about? https://www.openvehicles.com
Yep.

Back