Page 35 of 40

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:43 am
by BuckMkII
Looking back at my LeafSpy log, I see that in the summer of 2017 the difference between my SOH and Hx was consistently 2% to 3%, last winter it was reliably at 4%, and over the last few weeks it has been steady at 5% to occasionally 6%. Is this typical? Is the increasing difference diagnostic of anything, or do you think it's just a feature of the algorithm?

My latest readings are:
ODO 50999
AHr 54.5
SOH 83.3% (lowest fluctuation ever was 82.8% a couple of weeks ago)
Hx 77.8%

Lost bar 12 over a year ago. I guess I have another year before I need to worry about bar 11 dropping?

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:06 am
by cwerdna
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nissan. ... 210418941/ has a pointer to a 7 bar '13 Leaf at 60.5K miles. Unknown build month. Guy apparently wasn't aware it was down to this point until now.

I wonder if he hit 8 bars before his capacity warranty expired but his wife didn't let him know.

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 am
by BuckMkII
For a new post-April 2013 car, when freshly delivered to the dealer, what was the Ahr capacity shown by LeafSpy? I see "63 Ahr" on the first page of this thread. Is that the consensus?

Sorry I can't remember where to look up this fact.

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 am
by hmmwv
BuckMkII wrote:Looking back at my LeafSpy log, I see that in the summer of 2017 the difference between my SOH and Hx was consistently 2% to 3%, last winter it was reliably at 4%, and over the last few weeks it has been steady at 5% to occasionally 6%. Is this typical? Is the increasing difference diagnostic of anything, or do you think it's just a feature of the algorithm?

My latest readings are:
ODO 50999
AHr 54.5
SOH 83.3% (lowest fluctuation ever was 82.8% a couple of weeks ago)
Hx 77.8%

Lost bar 12 over a year ago. I guess I have another year before I need to worry about bar 11 dropping?
It depends, sounds like your car survived this summer just fine, so I think you won't have to worry about dropping another bar until next summer. My case is different though, I was at 54 AHr back in March of this year and by August I lost the 11th bar with 49 AHr. Car is garaged but parked outside at work, so as long as you keep the car cool you should be fine.

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 am
by cwerdna
https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattle ... 656358791/ in the mild Pacific NW made it to 100K miles with all 12 bars. His build month was 9/2013 and his SOH is 92.42% and Hx is 90.53%. He does talk about his SOH rising as a result of DC FCing, so it might be a bit inflated.

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 am
by SageBrush
BuckMkII wrote: I guess I have another year before I need to worry about bar 11 dropping?
Bar #11 is ~ 0.4x the 'width' of bar #12

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm
by WetEV
SageBrush wrote:
BuckMkII wrote: I guess I have another year before I need to worry about bar 11 dropping?
Bar #11 is ~ 0.4x the 'width' of bar #12
Just have to make it look as bad as you can, eh Sage? Spreading that Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:52 pm
by SageBrush
WetEV wrote: Just have to make it look as bad as you can, eh Sage?
Not intended to be negative. How would you say this fact ?

As an aside, when I want to relay my negative opinions I say things like "Nissan customer service is contemptible" or "the LEAF battery sucks in warm or hotter climates."

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:17 pm
by WetEV
SageBrush wrote:
WetEV wrote: Just have to make it look as bad as you can, eh Sage?
Not intended to be negative. How would you say this fact ?

As an aside, when I want to relay my negative opinions I say things like "Nissan customer service is contemptible" or "the LEAF battery sucks in warm or hotter climates."
Even Nissan LEAF batteries not yet made. Spread that FUD, thick and wide.

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:41 pm
by LeftieBiker
WetEV wrote:
SageBrush wrote:
WetEV wrote: Just have to make it look as bad as you can, eh Sage?
Not intended to be negative. How would you say this fact ?

As an aside, when I want to relay my negative opinions I say things like "Nissan customer service is contemptible" or "the LEAF battery sucks in warm or hotter climates."
Even Nissan LEAF batteries not yet made. Spread that FUD, thick and wide.
Please cut that out. You can both give your opinions here. What you both can't do is package them with regular angry hyperbole or insults.