Heat pump not work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elektromobil

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the heat pump Leaf Acenta, MY 2013 . First of all there was a problem with the timing heating, but now not work anymore at all. Light for heating councils but on display there is no kilowatt. Does anyone have a similar problem. It is a prpoblem in heat pump or control unit.
Thanks for any reply

Hy,
Thanks for the hint, but is no changes. Heating not work. By using the search function, I not found similar faults as my problem with heat pump. I asked on this forum, because in our country is no service and does not sell Leaf so I dont have any help. Leaf I must to driven to another country for repair, and that will take me more than a week. To service I have mountain roads, which is now a big problem without heating. Also at us now it's snowing and I can not drive it. Are there any program for Leaf to examine all fault via OBD interface? I have Leaf spy pro, but not have a such function for reset falts. I really would like to ask for any kind of solution.
thank you

I haven't used LEAF Spy Pro yet, but I'm pretty sure you can read and reset fault codes with it. If you go over to the LEAF Spy thread and ask there, I'm sure someone could help you.

elektromobil said:
...Are there any program for Leaf to examine all fault via OBD interface? I have Leaf spy pro, but not have a such function for reset faults....
In LEAF Spy Pro you have to go into Settings and Enable the Service Screen.
It will then list all stored fault codes.
It does include the ability to reset them.
Just be sure you save a list of them first.

But depending on what is causing the heat pump to not work there may not be a fault code.

Hy,
Thanks both for help. Now I see error on phone display with Leaf spy pro.
B2773 0009 HVAC PTC heater circuit 1 HAC-75
B2774 0009 HVAC PTC heater circuit 2 HAC-75
What could be this fault?
Thank you

Googled it:

B2774 PTC HEATER CIRCUIT 2 When PTC heater circuit system (PTC 2) malfunction
is detected

Possible cause:
PTC heater
• High voltage harness or connectors
(PTC heater high voltage circuit is open or shorted)

So, maybe check all the connections. If not, it gets more complicated.

Then I have a bigger problem. Connectors are ok. Leaf is only 1.5 years old, so belive that heat pump will repair under warranty.
Thanks for the help

elektromobil said:
Then I have a bigger problem. Connectors are ok. Leaf is only 1.5 years old, so belive that heat pump will repair under warranty.
Thanks for the help
Read the 9 page thread on 2013 heater failures.
Start here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14780&start=70#p351615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If it was me I would use an ohmeter and check the temperature sensor first and then the PTC.

Lots of 2013 heater failures and takes a long time to get the parts and the maintenance manual troubleshooting is poor.
Can lead to six weeks to get it fixed if you have a dealer that works on it.

You have a very bad situation with long drive to another country.
How difficult is it to get back home without the car?

Hy,
Thanks for the help. I agree with Nissan service in Austria that them drive Leaf next week. I can not repair itself nothing, because then will be problem with warranty. I really have a problem to get to Austria and then comes back home without heating. I hope that the defect of the heat pump resolved in one day.
All the best.

Helo,
Unbelievable, today the heat pump working again, but there is still the same fault on Leaf spy pro.
Pump operating max 1 kW even if set to max temperature. This probably will not work so for a long time? Has anyone already had such an experience?
thank you

elektromobil said:
Helo,
Unbelievable, today the heat pump working again, but there is still the same fault on Leaf spy pro.
Pump operating max 1 kW even if set to max temperature. This probably will not work so for a long time? Has anyone already had such an experience?
thank you

I think there is a problem with the resistance heater, but the heat pump system is OK. You get heat with moderate energy consumption as long as the outside temperature is not too cold so heat pump works. When temperature drops low enough that heat pump will not give heat, then you are getting no heat at all because the resistance heater is not functioning. If there were problems with the heat pump, you would have other error codes. There were problems with bad heating elements reported in other threads so I suspect that you have a bad heating element (since you have already looked for loose connections and bad wires).

Gerry

Helo,
Thanks for the quick reply and suport. I'll tell you proposal to service. On Friday I drive Leaf on Nissan service to review this heat pump. Can you tell me where is the resistance heater to quickly resolve the problem. It is possible to get any cutout of the service manual or picture? Because there is not many leaf at as will be for service probably the first such case and make them easier to to fix mistake.
thank you

Back