prberg
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: Spotted something else weird - 12v receptacle random lamp!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:42 pm

garygid wrote:Yes, they need a technical person to handle the rollout.

Ask for the NLPC ... the "New LEAF Problem Coordinator" (if they have one).

Or, perhaps their Special Task Force Coordinator?
Nissan could be missing out of some great customer feedback. I know that GM has been listening to their Volt drivers very carefully and making improvements based on their feedback. I called into the customer service number once, but I'm not sure if the info is getting all the way up to the right people who could make the improvements.

Any thoughts about Nissan updating the software in the LEAF with fixes or new features? Or will they save all those fixes/improvements for the later model years? I would hope that if we could get ours cars re-flashed with new software to make the car work better.. they would give us that opportunity.

-Peter

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 pm

AndyH wrote:Is it the 12V socket light or the passenger airbag status light?
Ooh, Andy! Good call! You're absolutely right...the 12v socket is further down (clear if you look at pre-dusk footage). And the airbag warning light is probably coming on because I half sit/half hang my laptop case in/from the passenger seat (strap over the headrest).
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

wsbca
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm

mwalsh wrote:
AndyH wrote:Is it the 12V socket light or the passenger airbag status light?
Ooh, Andy! Good call! You're absolutely right...the 12v socket is further down (clear if you look at pre-dusk footage). And the airbag warning light is probably coming on because I half sit/half hang my laptop case in/from the passenger seat (strap over the headrest).
Yep - and as you apply the brakes, the sensed weight of the case drops as it shifts forward, causing the system to disable the airbag because the "passenger" becomes too light to tolerate a deployment...??
I was promised a jet pack!

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”